Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
Thank you all for the suggestions :)

Delete due to secure reasons.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, since it has "microsoft" in the domain name.. And they probably don't like this name "microsoftsucks" I'd suppose there would be a TM issue. (But untill you get a letter from them I guess it doesn't matter)

•••
Thx Sin

Will it be a definitely losing war if the letter comes(assume)? OR something could be done to avoid losing the domain?

•••
Usage is everything in a case like this. I assume whatever was said about the .net will apply the same to the .org.

•••
I wouldnt be applying for there Adsense type program whenever it releases for that name :) Alot depends what you use with the name. I have seen paypal hate sites still running and etc.. Does it get much traffic?

•••
Yes, paypalsucks still has good traffic, IMO :)

I do wanna put some content there, but as for now, many friends ask me to give them a email account with @MicrosoftSucks.org :)

e.g. Pill(a)MicrosoftSucks.org

•••
Sucks sites are protected under the 1st amendment as freedom of speach. But there are limits....

Make no moeny from the name, no adsense, no subscriptions, no selling products.. nothing. Make sure you have content up that is related to MS and you opinions about it. Keep it active, maybe put a MB up for otheres to share thier opinions.

The one things I wonder is using the email. It is funny, but I have no idea if there are consequences or not. That would be interesting to know. I would think if you sold email addresses, that would be bad faith.

•••
DNQuest.com said:
Sucks sites are protected under the 1st amendment as freedom of speach. But there are limits....

Make no moeny from the name, no adsense, no subscriptions, no selling products.. nothing. Make sure you have content up that is related to MS and you opinions about it. Keep it active, maybe put a MB up for otheres to share thier opinions.

The one things I wonder is using the email. It is funny, but I have no idea if there are consequences or not. That would be interesting to know. I would think if you sold email addresses, that would be bad faith.

Thx, it is very clear.

I just wanna setup email service for ppl, totally free, will this be a bad faith? as I know, this domain was first registered in 1997, it provided free email service for people who doesn't like MS or just for fun, but I don't know why the name dropped finally, at least this site and email sys interests some people and some cracker and linux user do enjoy it.

If I insist and actually I won't get any money from it, then MS has no right to get it back, right?

•••
There are no gaurentees in this business...

•••
DNQ pretty much summed it up.

as long as you do not make any money on it (as in profit), you should be relatively safe.
But again, like DNQ said, there are no guarantees, just varying degrees of certainty or uncertainty depedning on your point of view.

•••
•••
let me just make a quick note here.
you are using the MS windows TM logo on your page at the site.
this is *really* a bad idea.
I would suggest you change the logo on your site ASAP.

•••
seeker said:
let me just make a quick note here.
you are using the MS windows TM logo on your page at the site.
this is *really* a bad idea.
I would suggest you change the logo on your site ASAP.

Thx :hearts:

adam_uk said:
can i get this email?

[email protected]

pweeeeease : D

Yes, you can :yell:

Currently, the email service of my hosting provider doesn't work. But will pm you after it done. :hearts:

•••
•••
Ummm, i just went to the site, I will tell you this, if MS sees this, they already have a screen shot and you will lose the domain.... You are impersonating a Windows crash with no disclaimer.

•••
Did the OP have to mention the domain name in a forum?

I can only wish the OP good luck on being able to keep the name. It's precious,
but what a waste if lost due to carelessness.

•••
owntype said:
Yes, paypalsucks still has good traffic, IMO :)

I do wanna put some content there, but as for now, many friends ask me to give them a email account with @MicrosoftSucks.org :)

e.g. Pill(a)MicrosoftSucks.org

TM? Chances are, yes but I'd be more worried about slander.
I doubt MS would want its 'good' name dragged through the mud.

•••
Thx guys, plz off this topic. New site works now :)

No ADs, only speech.

•••
I might suggest removing the donations button from your site. You're not running a non-profit organization, so any donations you recieve would still be considered as "profit" and therefore would be in violation of their TM.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back