Domain Empire

Another LLLL.com discussion- Do u value Vowels more than Consonants?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
HI

I was just wondering two things
1. Does the general public (domainers) consider Vowels as superior to consonants ? FOr example, a VVVV.com name is definately worth more than even a good CCCC.com name?

2. If this is the case, then why is there a craze about CVCV.com and VCVC.com names. Why not VVVC.com names which are indeed better?

-----------------

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In most of the cases CVCV and VCVC combination makes a domain truly pronouceable IMO

Love to have vowels in LLLL

•••
champ_rock said:
HI

I was just wondering two things
1. Does the general public (domainers) consider Vowels as superior to consonants ? FOr example, a VVVV.com name is definately worth more than even a good CCCC.com name?

2. If this is the case, then why is there a craze about CVCV.com and VCVC.com names. Why not VVVC.com names which are indeed better?

-----------------

Man I could be way off on this so anyone is free to correct me.

I think it may be just the fact that most CVCV are pronouncable. VICU, FUCE, YUTO, and so on.

•••
More the name is pronunciable, the better it is.

If it`s not, then 4 or 3 vowels are rarer compared to 4 or 3 Consonants.

The rarer the name, the better it is.

Easy.

•••
I've no idea why 'u' (whoever he/she/it is) values vowels more than consonants, but would agree with the sentiments that a pronouncable mixture of consonants and vowels is the best way to go (and also that an all-vowel name woul likely be better than an all-consonant name).

The second part of the question is really already answered by the first- i.e. the more pronounable, the better- there are far many more pronouncable VCVC, CVCV, CVCC, CCVV, VCCV and CVVC combinations than VVVC's

•••
My theory: CVCV is so brandable, a baby can say it.

muma
dada
baby
gaga
hiho

I think that there is a handful of nice CVCV.com in Alexa's top 100 sites from memory.

•••
CVCV is very brandable that is why I have decided to start investing in them. Pretty much everyone is pronouncable and they are very easy to remember.

•••
both good
1. fewer V available, thus vowels are rare.
2. acronym starts with C, thus C valuable.

•••
What are the general worth of VVVV.net?

•••
Different domain names have different values,
These types also depend on the specific letters,
The specific value also depends on the specific letters and the current market,
But to be sure, AAAA is definitely the best

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back