IT.COM

Another Aussie in the mix

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well, I really don't like these 'OMG HAI GUYZ!!11!!0ne' threads, but as I've been lurking for so long, and these seem to be the norm here with 120+ pages of welcome threads - here goes nothing!

My name's andy, and I'm from Sydney, Australia.

I'm old enough to know that baud rate and bps are technically two different things, and young enough to destroy anyone who challenges me to a tequila shot rally.

I have a certain dislike of people who can't differentiate between their/they're/there, your/you're, were/we're/where, however I have been known to use 'yeah, no ...' in day to day conversation.

Online experience? I've been toying around since way back in the old BBS days, and used to love wasting hours on Compuserve before they also provided www access, after which I promptly jumped to a proper ISP due to an incident involving falling asleep at the keyboard and a stupidly large bill arriving in the mail. I've seen the web grow from there, and can pick up most languages to a level to be able to understand what is going on, but despise coding myself.

A geek by trade, I work for a large multinational on high end hardware (think hundreds of gigs just for a memory cache) powering most of the Fortune 500, debugging stuff down to 32kB chunks.

Domain wise, my first purchase was in 1998, and while I still have that first domain, I sold nearly all of my others purely to fund my sometimes ridiculous drinking benders. I'm finally back in the game now, more so as a side project I can get my teeth into when I have time to kill while not on shift.

If I can provide some sort of value on NP that someone will benefit from - mission accomplished for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A warm welcome to the forum, nice to meet you :)

•••
glad that you've finally joined the party. :blink:

•••
HI

Welcome to NP... You are very close to me... I am from Wollongong..

anyway hope you enjoy your stay.

Tom

•••
•••
G'day Andy
Sydney here as well so you're very close to me (note correct spelling:)). Tell us what is that 1998 domain?

•••
Thanks guys!

netfleet - It's a domain I use for personal stuff :)

•••
H!! :wave:
Welcome to NP
hope you enjoy here

•••
Hi Andy welcome to namepros

•••
That's quite an intro, welcome aboard!

•••
g'day Andy from Sydney

I too am a Sydney sider...

welcome to NamePros

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hello there andy! welcome to the forums :)

•••
Nice to have another Aussie around. I'm about an hour north of you, on the central coast.

Welcome aboard. :)

•••
Hello, andy. :)

Welcome to NP......

•••
•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back