Dynadot

question Another abuse of drop catching - Network Solutions/SnapNames/NameJet/New Ventures Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is going too much in your face.

I and probably many others had a backorder in place for domain ZIKO.COM.

I found it strange that the domain was caught but I wasn't placed on auction at NameJet notwithstanding having a backorder on it since 2016. Neither the auction appears on SnapNames, when it should because drop auctions are now shared between the two companies.

According to Goldnames.com (http://blog.goldnames.com/?p=24808) the domain was sold at NameJet for $8500:
ziko.com 8500 mikeyboy

He does not seem to be an active bidder on NameJet.

1) I was I not placed on auction neither does it show on my Auctions List?
2) The domain was won by the bidder "mikeyboy" but the domain's WHOIS shows to be on the account of the shady warehousing arm of Web.com "New Ventures Services" after the WHOIS had been unavailable during all this time until very recently. If the bidder won it, how has it ended on their hands?
3) The domain was listed to be auctioned on SnapNames recently, a partner of Namejet on the drop, and that belongs to Web.com group/Network Solutions but was suddenly canceled without any explanation. Why?

So, bidder "mikeyboy" won it and then sold to New Ventures Services? Or did he not paid and then the domain got into a limbo and then was moved on the the shady warehousing company New Ventures Services? In that case, based on what right since there are backorders placed for this domain name and by ICANN rules the domain MUST be released?

shady...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2) The domain was won by the bidder "mikeyboy" but the domain's WHOIS shows to be on the account of the shady warehousing arm of Web.com "New Ventures Services" after the WHOIS had been unavailable during all this time until very recently. If the bidder won it, how has it ended on their hands?

Not sure if this is related, but there is a member named @Mikeyboy on NamePros.

•••
•••
so, for question 1) it was because the minimum bid is $79. i used to still enter on drop auctions with the $69 bid but it seems that this has stopped working for some months now. the minimum has to be $79.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back