IT.COM

domain androidscrib.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SiRhOSEven

Impact
Bought this domain 3 years ago. What do you think? :xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
"Android" is a trademark of Google.......

The "Android" name, the android logo, and other trademarks are property of Google LLC.

You may use the word "Android" in a product name only as a descriptor, such as "for Android" and the first instance should be followed by a TM symbol, "for Android™." In other messaging, the word "Android" may be used in text as a descriptor, as long as it is followed by a proper generic term (for example, "Android™ application"). Any use of the Android name must include footer attribution in your communications: "Android is a trademark of Google LLC."

https://developer.android.com/legal

No one will be able to build a brand or website with this name so it has no value.......

•••
@MrAcidic Thank you.

However, if, and only if, androidcentral.com or androidauthority.com gets for sale, then the domain has no value base on your statement?

•••
@MrAcidic Thank you.

However, if, and only if, androidcentral.com or androidauthority.com gets for sale, then the domain has no value base on your statement?
It's not my statement - it's Google's and the sites you have mentioned come under the "descriptor" heading so do not violate their T&C's.

They both use good keywords and have been developed into sites. You have a domain name which has a weak abbreviation or root word after Android and I personally see no value in it - when I say it out loud it sounds awkward and the Scrib meanings below IMO do not fit .....If anyone on here sees value, then I am sure they will give you the answer you are looking for.......

Scribable : SCRIB able (skribe’ a b’l) adj.

Can be written upon; can receive the markings of a stylus or pen

Scribacious : SCRIB acious (skrie bay’ shus) adj.

Addicted to writing; fond of writing

Scribble : SCRIB ble (skri’ b’l) n.

Meaningless marks on paper

Scribblemania : SCRIB blemania (skrib’ el may’ ni a) n.

A mania for making meaningless marks on paper

Ascribe : A SCRIB e (a skribe’) v.

To refer to; attribute; as, ascribe success to hard work

Circumscribe : circum SCRIB e (cir kum skribe’) v.

To draw a line around; set limits to

•••
It's not my statement - it's Google's and the sites you have mentioned come under the "descriptor" heading so do not violate their T&C's.

I'm not referring to Google's statement I'm referring to YOUR statement regarding the use of the name "Android" on a domain that cannot build a brand or a website.

I'm not referring to androidcentral.com and androidauthority.com's website that has been developed. I'm just referring to the domain which has the word "Android" on it. Again, I'm just referring to your statement.

It's like saying, if you use the word "Android" on your domain, no one will be able to build a brand or website with this name so it has no value..

That's it.

•••
Should of said nobody will want to build a brand or website with this name - so my bad there......

Still does not change the fact the name has 0 value........get over it and move on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back