IT.COM

domain AndroidFirmware.com - Please review

NameSilo
Watch

Gurbrinder Singh

Established Member
Impact
Hi! I just bought this domain that i will be either using to construct website to provide latest android firmware related files or simply will sell it if it seems to be giving profit. Please provide your valuable opinion about the domain androidfirmware.com.
Thanks!
& Regards!
Gurbrinder Singh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
valuable opinion?
I don't know about that but it sounds like something I would have.....
I like it....
Does that mean anything?
I think it could make a good sight.
Reg fee?
Owch.

•••
First off it's a TM ~ it's worth nothing if you can't sell it

•••
No its not like that. Its just like other android related unofficial websites like androidpit.com, android-freeware.com etc
Why you think it will not sell?

•••
develop it.
could be list of android device and firmware for them.
make it possible for visitors upload thier firmware

•••
Thanks for supporting my own idea. I would love to develop it. But i am still wondering how can i bring all official roms of the devices at the website as its hard to find sources and copying them to my website. Any expertise you have in this field?
develop it.
could be list of android device and firmware for them.
make it possible for visitors upload thier firmware

•••
start with upload all android roms you could find...google diferent kind of tablet and android netbook, all them have oficial support with download
just make categories: tablet, mobiles, netbook, etc...

•••
could be tradmark issues...

•••
•••
•••
Good domain but as others stated it could be a trademark issue with Google

•••
Last edited:
•••
Android is OS, and Firmware is more like built-in software for specific device, I don't see close relation with Android as OS. Maybe like Firmware download site for Android phones, but does not sound good as a name to me.

Many developed websites have Android in their names so I'm not sure about their TM policy...

Last edited:
•••
@talking.domains Well i don't know exactly about TM issue but yeah i have seen many sites having android in their domain names e.g. androidpit.com , androidpolice.com, androidcentral.com etc. to name a few. All these are up and running from years. Talking about name I think it was a good name. Even if Android is OS, stock android can't run as it is on any hardware. It has to be tweaked by smartphone manufacturers for branding and compatibility, bringing it close to be so called firmware for the specific model. Domain can be used under broad niche for hosting stock android firmware's for broad range of smartphones.

•••
Develop it.. U can use autoblogging softwares that can copy content from other firmware sites.. With reference to the original author to prevent copyright issues.

•••
@talking.domains Well i don't know exactly about TM issue but yeah i have seen many sites having android in their domain names e.g. androidpit.com , androidpolice.com, androidcentral.com etc. to name a few. All these are up and running from years. Talking about name I think it was a good name. Even if Android is OS, stock android can't run as it is on any hardware. It has to be tweaked by smartphone manufacturers for branding and compatibility, bringing it close to be so called firmware for the specific model. Domain can be used under broad niche for hosting stock android firmware's for broad range of smartphones.

Don't develop it, it can be taken by google anytime if they have wanted regardless of other people or sites who are using android in domain as unofficial sites.

Secondly, if you want to put so much work to develop something why not get a different domain.

if someone is infringing by buying tm domains, you really can't say you can use it too. You asked for "valuable" opinion yet you keep on saying you don't think it would be a tm issue.

If I were you and build a site I would buy something that does not have tm issues down the road , building sites is easier said than it's done.

•••
@Domainscoop.com Thank you for your valuable opinion. I just read their TM policy and found that i must stay away from similar names. However I could not locate information about use of word "Android" in domain names. Interested people can read Android's official guidelines for branding at http://pwo.pw/brandingguidelinesforandroid (shortened link without ads or affiliates)

•••
No desire to read the nosense stuff.

When ur site is up on this domain ping me. Let's see how successful can you get with it

•••
Agreed. TM issues.
I would not develop this domain. You are in hot water if you do

•••
Agreed. TM issues.
I would not develop this domain. You are in hot water if you do
Please!!!!!!!!! only if hes in a hot tub ,the company would probably welcome the site.

•••
i like the name

Last edited:
•••
I decided to stay away from it means i ain't gonna develop it.

•••
I think this thread must be closed now

•••
Back