IT.COM

new gtlds Analyzing New Top Level Domain Registrations By Country

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
The first in a multi-part story about the geography of new TLD registrants.

Who registers domains? It’s a question we might answer in a thousand various ways. One approach is to examine geography. Where do most registrations come from? Who are the “registrant nations”? Who sits idly on the sidelines? Which countries favor which TLDs? How strongly? Why?

Painting this picture will take me several articles. Here is the first. I’ll be analyzing only nTLDs – the new domain endings released since 2014. This study is reliant on raw data from nTLDStats, though most of what you find here you won’t find there. Country information is derived from whois records – i.e. from the mailing address volunteered by each registrant.

It isn’t enough to be told that China and the USA are the largest registrant nations. Of course, we’d expect that. They’re big. They dominate the domain market. (China has been grabbing my headlines since 2014.) No, what we want to know is whatever we wouldn’t expect – what details weren’t always a foregone conclusion.

Read The Full Article Here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2017/01/10/analyzing-new-top-level-domain-registrations-country-part-1/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for sharing
The Gap between the second and the third is impressive, from 10% to 2%. O_o
For the French, we are 7th but we have less than 1%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back