IT.COM

news Amazon Buys Whole Foods!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
upload_2017-6-16_12-21-1.jpeg

:)

•••
Right, now lets see if Alibaba buys Walmart....lol

•••
Haha, i just changed my asking price.

Food, the only thing that will never hit recession. All cash is the most surprising part to me.

Kudos to Amazon.

•••
darn whamazon com was created 2015, currently owned by hugedomains

ss-np-amz-kale-joke-06-16-2017.png

•••
Big fish eats small fish... and move one.........Megaladon..

•••
Amazon is also in talks to buy India's largest online grocery delivery service - BigBasket...

•••
Smart move. They bought it to create a perfect distribution channel for healthy food. Order it online and distribute it fresh directly from the store. Why create the network when you can buy the network and expand on it.

•••
If that was a bitcoin purchase bitcoin would rocket... I was wondering if it was all cash for real if so that's scarey deep pockets.

Last edited:
•••
•••
http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-on-whole-foods-2015-5

Should be interesting what Warren's comments will be now, 2 years later and his recent praise of Amazon. I used to shop at Whole Foods, great beautiful stores but their prices were always higher on commodity products and their product display and romancing of customers to their produce displays was more apparent- than actual taste and product quality.

•••
didn't take long for someone to register amazonwholefoods.com

Creation Date: 2017-06-16T11:58:06Z

Last edited:
•••

Lawsuit coming their way lol.

•••
•••
On a serious note, they almost made that money back with their increase in market capitalization. It's amazing how the stock market works.

•••
I can see that the deal makes good business sense, they will be able to use the name to sell products online. The big danger is that Amazon is a "deep state" organisation, and they can use the new online facility to push unhealthy food. I'm assuming that whole foods is a company that sells healthy products at the moment. This move could weaken the smaller businesses that use Amazon as a market place.

There seems to be a move to consolidate food supply chains with Tesco buying Booker. Given the reduction in the quality and health benefits of food over the last few years, I think this is a worrying trend. The ceo of Tesco has just charged Tesco £140,000 for removal expenses as he has just bought a new house. I bet the employees don't get removal expenses.

•••
Wait - Amazon is buying WholeFoods, and Donuts is buying Amazon? : confused :

So then Donuts will own WholeFoods? Doesn't that seem like some kind of health identity crisis?

In comments - whether it’s parody – such as this one – or real.

<- dork

Last edited:
•••
Donuts buying amazon? hahahahah
Is that a joke?

•••
"Allegedly"
The main keyword here.

•••
•••
Good news coming for the domaining world in a few weeks haha ;)

•••
If that was a bitcoin purchase bitcoin would rocket...

You are absolutely right but i was just trying to reply back to the post before that. This happens to every company when they get acquired, but this one is huge. In the sense of one of the top 5 buying another huge company.

But an all cash deal...
That's huge... imo

Last edited:
•••

The entertainment here is great, thanks for posting.
Seems like a straight forward transfer URS, not even a UDRP.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back