NameSilo

domains Amazon Announces The Retirement of Alexa.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if this is part of a wider thing imho. Alexa gives people an idea of what sites are most popular. It seems that any service or content that makes it obvious what is actually popular and what's not has to be scrubbed from the internet. Every big service that is provided online, there is an obsession with them going out of their way to make it so that you can't see the wood for the trees.

Another example of this is yt getting rid of the dislike button. We can't see what's really popular because they want to take the signals away. Same with Tw*tter... no dislike button there. Facebook, they're clever enough and have enough mogodon users that work to supress anything of value.

It's certainly the last place that I know of that tells you which website are popular and which are not... maybe I'm just old hat and everyone has moved on.

•••
I wonder if this is part of a wider thing imho. Alexa gives people an idea of what sites are most popular. It seems that any service or content that makes it obvious what is actually popular and what's not has to be scrubbed from the internet. Every big service that is provided online, there is an obsession with them going out of their way to make it so that you can't see the wood for the trees.

Another example of this is yt getting rid of the dislike button. We can't see what's really popular because they want to take the signals away. Same with Tw*tter... no dislike button there. Facebook, they're clever enough and have enough mogodon users that work to supress anything of value.

It's certainly the last place that I know of that tells you which website are popular and which are not... maybe I'm just old hat and everyone has moved on.
“Business” is a “trend”

Last edited:
•••
noooo, such an iconic site

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back