Dynadot

discuss Alternative ways to Earn Revenue on names

NameSilo
Watch

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
I know this question has been asked a million times but interested in hearing about alternative ways to generate rev for a name.
can anyone comment on any of the following
- parking (bodis, voodoo etc)
-one page domain dev with adsense
-make offer form
-develop and google rank a name and sell
-lead gen form on name
-directory
-pop unders or zero click
-other ways not mentioned

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'm go with making directory it is good monetize technique.

•••
•••
I park with bodis and I am very happy with there service, payout times, and people seem to inquire about my domains parked there as well.

•••
Agreed with @ baseballworld Bodis is best parking platform and pays on time ..:xf.smile:

•••
I love bodis...I love that they make payments in bitcoin!

.looking for other ideas to make money with traffic. Some names will always stay parked but others get high traffic and no park rev...

What if you hosted a 2 page website with news feeds with adsense and other ad networks?
Something you could set up for a hundred domains in minutes...
Google pays you as soon as you reach $100 for all sites

And what if you had templates that made the sale of your domain much more obvious and allowed you to see historical offers all in the same system?

And what if you could see all the referring urls to all your domains...the full path of all traffic not just the referring domain?

Good idea? Been done before?

•••
I park with bodis and I am very happy with there service, payout times, and people seem to inquire about my domains parked there as well.
Can you guys still get above $20 clicks with Bodis?

•••
I have some medical and super high CPC names and the most I ever got was $0.80 a click with parking.....most clicks under $0.10 .....
On the other side when you advertise on Google diaplay you will pay north of $1.50 per click for just about any term or placement...(range is def btw $1.50 and $3.50) Google usually does a 60/40 split...so 40% of $1.50 should be around $0.60 worst case...if parking split that you should get $0.30?....if parking takes 70% youll get $0.18.......I asked all the parking companies what the rev split was and no one answered me...basically there is no transparency into how much your domain makes and what your cut is.

•••
•••
I love parking,but sedo doesnot allow me 桶park,any where else?

•••
I love parking,but sedo does not allow me park,any where else?Hope som where。

•••
What if you hosted a 2 page website with news feeds with adsense and other ad networks?
Something you could set up for a hundred domains in minutes...
Google pays you as soon as you reach $100 for all sites

This used to work 10 years ago. Nowadays unless you curate the content, I don't see news aggregation making any money. Actually I would be very surprised if you can get an Adsense account approved just for that.

•••
I personally, don't think parking is profitable at all.
Any one or two-page site, well-written with original content
and a couple of ads will bring more money plus the opportunity
to sell the domain name. Obviously, either you'll do the work or
invest money for the outsourcing.
Domaining is not easy, regardless of what anyone might tell you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back