NameSilo
Watch

Mkt Sales Leads

Top Member
Impact
Email received today:

Farewell​
Hi there,
First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for using Alter to sell your domain names. We couldn't have come this far without your invaluable support.
Over the last couple years we've been on a mission to transform the domain industry. However, despite all our attempts we weren't able to find a sustainable business model. So it is with a heavy heart I write to you today to say farewell.
On April 2nd, all third-party domain listings will be removed from our marketplace. Seller accounts will remain active for the foreseeable future so those with a positive balance or pending installments can continue to cash out.
Lastly, we realize this decision wouldn't be fair to sellers who spent money to have professional logos designed on our platform. So we have refunded all relevant payments back to your account balance which can be cashed out at any time.
We truly wish you all the best in your future endeavors. It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t the outcome we wanted but we’re thankful to everyone that came with us on the journey.

Sincerely,
Deven Patel
Founder & CEO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Alter does not detect immediaty that nameservers are already pointing elsewhere. Of the 831 domains I changed NS for on March 19th, only 60% has been detected by Alter so far.
I did not realize that. I had thought like many sites there was a daily check. That may explain why seems so little change. And as @eternaldomains says probably many are just last minute people.

Have others been refunded the logo design fees as mentioned in the email? I did not buy that many, but no refund yet. Was wondering if that is true for everyone, and waiting until April 2, or if I should inquire. << **Update I have been credited for my logo purchases. I think it was a cache issue for me as logging in out of settings and the amount showed**

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I did not realize that. I had thought like many sites there was a daily check. That may explain why seems so little change. And as @eternaldomains says probably many are just last minute people.
The only meaningful metric for me is the number of delegations across 1,200+ TLDs. This is about 15K today. On Alter, 41K domains are present (visible) today.

Have others been refunded the logo design fees as mentioned in the email? I did not buy that many, but no refund yet. Was wondering if that is true for everyone, and waiting until April 2, or if I should inquire.
I've been refunded the full USD 440 I spent on logos. Deven is a very honorable person. It seems to me a great challenge to find someone of his caliber and with his passion for a possible relaunch. A relaunch about which nothing has yet been communicated by Alter itself.

Last edited:
•••
I've been refunded the full
Update, I clicked in and out of settings and see I have now been credited the full amount too. Sorry for any confusion my question raised. I agree a very honourable gesture in this and the overall way that Alter has been handled.

Thanks for information.

Bob

•••
@Bob Hawkes - To answer on your previous message, if this deal goes through between Deven and me, I'll be working alongside domain sellers side by side to re-evaluate their portfolio and give them enough time to move their portfolio/domains elsewhere, so it'll be handled each portfolio individually starting from biggest portfolio owners forward.

Alter is going to be brandable marketplace as intended in case I am the one to complete acquisition, so there will be a lot of delistings due low valuation.

@Future Sensors - There's still negotiations going on behind the public eyes, but I believe that Deven is going to make his decision earlier next week.

EDIT: And yeah, so far during all the conversations I had with Deven, he has been extremely transparent and very nice person (both personally and professionally) to talk to. I would've never considered doing something like this if I didn't saw how smoothly he has handled announcement of closing. I'd love to work alongside Deven and hopefully he'll feel the same if I get a chance.

Last edited:
•••
I like the name
..a lot..what u guys just for fun think a name alter is worth? just name value

•••
•••
I was also sad to see Alter go but very good of Deven to send out a press release. Perhaps someone else will buy the site and take it in another direction. Any takers?

•••
Now I don't see the closure message in the admin area, so it isn't closing?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Just got lucky enough with several small bets (like Gamestop and AMC) and few long term (BTC, ETH, FAANG) fyi.
Damn, you're good!

Last edited:
•••
LOI sent to Deven, hopefully transition will start early next week, once Definitive Agreement is final and Escrow transaction processed. Let's shake things up in brandable domain marketplace 👀
You are a very positive person and I'm liking it already

•••
Email received today:

Farewell​
Hi there,
First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for using Alter to sell your domain names. We couldn't have come this far without your invaluable support.
Over the last couple years we've been on a mission to transform the domain industry. However, despite all our attempts we weren't able to find a sustainable business model. So it is with a heavy heart I write to you today to say farewell...

Sincerely,
Deven Patel
Founder & CEO
A special thanks deserves to be given to the NamePros Member, Market Sales Lead. This Namepro member had the foresight to post Patel's email at the beginning of this thread. To think that a company might survive thanks to this individual's actions!

Last edited:
•••
Hi, does anyone know when it will be possible to add new domains to Alter? It's support is stubbornly silent

•••
Hi, does anyone know when it will be possible to add new domains to Alter? It's support is stubbornly silent

Best bet is to list /forward the nameservers of your names to the main marketplaces and wait to see what the new owner's next moves are with Alter.

•••
Back