DAN.com

Already 18 extension is taken but without .com !!!!!!

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by shojib, Jul 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. shojib

shojib Top Contributor VIP

Hello
    I have a domain Kbblok .com
    Kb Blok - Its a brand name and running website. The main website is - Kb-blok.cz

They are already 18 extension is taken for same website :

Kbblok - .net, .org, .ru, .info, .eu, .biz, .cz
    Kb-blok - .com, .net, .org, .info, .eu, .pl, .biz, .cz, .at, .sk

when I send mail for - I want to sell this domain...No reply :xf.eek:

What I do now?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kpett

Kpett Top Contributor VIP

It looks like you have registered a name with only 1 possible buyer ... and if they don't reply to your email, then you are stuck with the domain. Nobody else wants it.

3. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

I agree with @Kpett , since all the 18 taken domain redirected to the main web Kb-blok.cz , so you have limited your chances for only one targeted buyer , also the domain not holding any known keyword !

The only thing i coudnt understand is how your domain ranked 8.2M at alexa without having any archived history !!

upload_2020-7-23_5-53-0.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Never buy a domain with 1 end-user in mind. I always get a list of 10+ potential buyers before I even buy a name, then you at least know you have a chance of selling the name.

You also need to check for trademarks as well. Going out there buying company names is not the way to be successful in this game. It will only lead to trouble for you.

5. lovely4ever

I think he never knew or expeted that the 18 extensions belong to the same owner , a domain with 18 ext taken is attractive , i am sure he discovered that after he bought the domain , many buyers can be fallen in such trap !
    it is a lesson to learn from , also for me .
    So we shoud always be digging in the taken ext to have clear vision whats going on arround !

6. April004

April004 Established Member

Shojib,
    Your .COM domain is more premium than any extension/ccTLD/gTLD. Any (serious) business who owns ALL extensions, except, the (main) .COM extension will want to grab it.
    There are two scenarios:
    1. Either you offer them this .COM for reg fee + $50 (since neither they are Google, nor this is recognizable domain name. Don't expect $$$ from this sale)
    2. Or they'll grab it for reg fee once you drop it.
    As others have said, acquire domains IF there can be more than single buyer for it!

7. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

With a random name like kbblok and the hyphenated kb-blok, the first thing I would have thought was this is all the same owner. You wont get 20 different companies all using those random letters.

8. shojib

Thank you all. So what I do now ? drop it?

9. shojib

Alexa ? i do not know

10. shojib

they reply to me..they do not want this domain

11. shojib

they reply to me. they do not want this domain..so what i do now?

12. DavidHD

DavidHD Established Member

Drop it

13. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

A lot of domainers do this - scour the internet, typically for foreign companies who have a non-com website in some name that has no intrinsic value, and then think they have hit pay dirt when they register the dot com, without thinking about why the company itself already passed on the freely available dot com registration.

These are typically the same domainers who jump on a misspelled, turned backwards or hyphenated version of a name that has just sold.

14. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

Were you aware that a kb-blok is a cinder block in Czech?

I assume they don't need the .com as it's not something that a company would export given that bricks are manufactured all around the world.

15. sanya

sanya New Member

I'm new here plz. Is there any prospect of selling brandingenterprise dot com when enterprisebranding dot com is also available

16. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Komerční banka

Commercial Bank

Blockchain

kb-blok

17. rajdomains

rajdomains Established Member

I think you must drop it because if you are planning to renew then I suggest you Reg. any other name (for the price of renewal) which has more potential buyers.

18. lovely4ever

Put it for sale at afternic/godaddy for the minimum $50 till it expired , also relist it at squadhelp as i can see
    it was accpted for listing even if it was basic listing , will be exposed to three scenarios: sold for $50 or $1,099 or not sold anywhere then to its destiney to let it drop .

upload_2020-7-23_23-52-59.png

19. NameDeck

NameDeck Top Contributor VIP

Forget about the domain. They own the hyphenated .com matching their ccTLD and don't even put it to use.

20. shojib

i will. Thank you

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice