IT.COM

new gtlds Alpnames.com Offering Free .Party New gTLD Domain Name Registrations

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Alpnames.com the registrar who offered free and then $.49 domain names for .Science which just broke the 250,000 domain registration mark, announced today that is was now offering free .Party domains.
.Party which launched a while back has over 5,600 registrations. Its not clear how many free .Party domain names will be offered.
On the 6th May 2015 we will be offering 1 year .PARTY domains FREE OF CHARGE.

You can .PARTY for an entire year for FREE courtesy of Alpnames.
Source

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Coupon: HappyHour

Just tweeted about it.

•••
Is it limited to 1 per person?

•••
SCORE!!!!!!!

Just grabbed:

got.party :)

•••
My experience with them today: https://twitter.com/holonames/status/596029129331449858

They even retweeted that.

What went wrong:

1. Payment - told me that it's not paid. I had to send them screenshot from my Paypal receipt and then it was ok.

2. They ask me for domains I have bought from them - Are they serious or joking? At this point I thought that they are making fun of me.

3. They weren't able to register the domains for another 5 hours - I can only hope that nobody hav bought my domains too and who knows how many mismatches there will be, but it's not my problem but theirs.

4. their ticket system didn't work, they claimed that the first email from me was my probably 5th email (I started to write emails to all addresses I can find on their page, not only the [email protected] email)

5. then they told me that their system is broken and that the website was blacklisted or something and I asked them why there are two name servers settings in their control panel and no response for 3 hours.

6. I replied to their tweet response and ask them to send me an email, but no email from thenm so far.

This is the most unprofessional experience I have seen when buying domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not sure what happened but I got 7500 free .science from AlpNames and never had a problem with them. But yeah, problems always happens with companies and it's annoying as f*ck.
When they write you something like:

Can you email me the domains you have registered please.

Best,
Rob

or

Dear Customer,

I have searched your account on our payment system and you don’t seem to have registered/paid for any product from us.

Please could you supply me with the email in which you purchased the domain names as/if through paypal the email may be different.

Regards,
Rob

Then you know that it's gonna be a bad day.

What can you think about them, if their tweet reply is this:
@HoloNames @Icann we are deeply sorry if we did something you feel might be wrong. Please contact us and let us know what we can do to help

and then I replied that they already have my email and they have to write me

But they don't send you any email at all. Why should they, right?

I have just refreshed my gmail and nothing from them.

That's why I send a complaint to ICANN, because this behavior is unacceptable.

Who knows how many people have bought the same domain.

Btw. they are offering the domains that I bough as premium domain, which is again something that i don't like. Whois seems correct for the domains, but who knows. After this experience I am not sure if I am who I am.

Last edited:
•••
I grabbed all the good ones I could think of that were available :)

•••
Well, it's 9:50 PM here and in Gibraltar too and their last email to me was at 6:13 PM. That's almost 4 hours.

I have replied 8 emails in the same email thread during that 4 hours and they replied 40 minutes ago to my tweet "Please contact us and let us know what we can do to help".

The problem is that I did and still nothing new from them.

Just a thought/reminder inspired by my current situation:
When something is for free (or very cheap), be careful, because it will cost you maybe more than money you have saved. In this case time and my nerves.

Last edited:
•••
nvm, i figured out how

Last edited:
•••
What can you do when AlpNames doesn't respond to your requests? I already sent a complaint to ICANN. Any ideas what should I do next? They are not responding to my emails at all. I will call them tomorrow morning, it's 22:28 in here. But this is unreal. I have seen many problems even with godaddy, but they responded to my emails. AlpNames is behaving like some off-shore company, meaning they don't care. Well, surprise, they are an off-shore company.

Thought for today number 2:
Never put your most valuable domains to the hands of an off-shore company.

Last edited:
•••
I’m sorry you are not experiencing the response you need. Unfortunately for the time being our operating times run from9.00-18.00 GMT+1.

Another proof that you cannot rely on AlpNames if you are serious about domains. I will never buy a com/net/org domain from them. Managing the domains in their control panel is very bad. The worst I have ever seen. Stick with the big names for your serious stuff.

•••
My experience with them today: https://twitter.com/holonames/status/596029129331449858

They even retweeted that.

What went wrong:

1. Payment - told me that it's not paid. I had to send them screenshot from my Paypal receipt and then it was ok.

2. They ask me for domains I have bought from them - Are they serious or joking? At this point I thought that they are making fun of me.

3. They weren't able to register the domains for another 5 hours - I can only hope that nobody hav bought my domains too and who knows how many mismatches there will be, but it's not my problem but theirs.

4. their ticket system didn't work, they claimed that the first email from me was my probably 5th email (I started to write emails to all addresses I can find on their page, not only the [email protected] email)

5. then they told me that their system is broken and that the website was blacklisted or something and I asked them why there are two name servers settings in their control panel and no response for 3 hours.

6. I replied to their tweet response and ask them to send me an email, but no email from thenm so far.

This is the most unprofessional experience I have seen when buying domains.

Alpnames is behaving crazy. this is what happened to me.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/alpnames-deleted-my-account-is-alpnames-com-a-scam.858476/

•••
I asked them why they are reselling my domains without my approval and who is gonna get the inquiries from the submission form.

Their answer:

Dear Customer,

Please relate your premium questions to[email protected]

Someone on that team will explain the details in regards to your premium inquiry.

This is insane.

If they won't respond to me with the explanation I will send an email to the Gibraltar police or something.

Man, how can somebody be such ignorant?

•••
•••
Finally, some other guy from a the law department try to be morepolite and seems to be willing to solve the things. We will see how this ends. I am so pissed, man.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back