Dynadot

sales Alex.tv Domain Sale – Successful YouTuber realizes Social Media is not “His”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just sold the domain name Alex.tv for $10,166 to Alejandro who is a successful YouTube influencer.

His reasons for buying the domain name is really awesome.

Read More Here

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Really Nice end user sale. Thanks for sharing that, love to read about end user sales and those of you who acheive those like yourself. This news is valuable. It gives much credibility to this business for end users to invest in their brand.

And, is real news as opposed to the weekly rah rah reports of questionable sales like parked domains at 6 figures or domainer to wealthy domain investor flipping.

•••
Congrats on the sale. It's time people realized that social media is not their brand

•••
Its all about the brand. A lesson for those trying to build their presence without domains.

Great story, great sale. Congratulations.

•••
A lot of Youtubers are starting to have their own website address as well as their youtube account

But I think that as more and more Youtubers start their own youtube channel and start making vlogs and some make daily vlogs etc there will cone a time where Youtubers compete with each other for video minutes

t v hasn't got a chance trying to compete with Youtubers as Youtubers compete with other Youtubers for the same audience etc

Many are scheduling their uploads but this will make no difference as people only have do many hours in a day

So bloggers or Youtubers will have to make download able podcasts of their youtube videos so that their youtube audience can download the podcast and listen only to it while they drive and cannot watch it while they drive etc which still let's their audience hear their content plus they have total control of their website advertising dollars etc

But for it to work they must have matching youtube channel handle and website address for brand cohesion

Now I am waffling pie in the sky waffle lol

•••
Congrats to you for the sale and congrats to Alejandro because he secured his traffic not just being an user of a social media that can change his terms of services or other and make you lose all the contacts with your audience.
Alejandro also understand the branding power of the right domain name. He didn't choose an Alex. Horse gtlds for reg fee.. Best of luck for his project

•••
Congrats! Will this be reported to DNJ?

A

•••
•••
Nice.
Can you share the sales process? Is it your contact with him?

•••
•••
The buyer owns alextv.com as well.

•••
I sold him alextv.com in feb for $6250, after a very lengthy buy process of almost a year. Nice sale @Vito

•••
Great sale! Congrats....did you reach out to him?

•••

Nope. I don't do outbound. He rejected a sub $5k offer, and it all went quiet. So I added it to Afternic with a 25% increase. He bought from Afternic on Fast Transfer.I can't speak for how @Vito's sale went down.

Last edited:
•••
I had only 1 .tv in my portfolio and sold it for $5k

I thing after king its second chooice extension which must be considered, everything else is trash.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nope. I don't do outbound. He rejected a sub $5k offer, and it all went quiet. So I added it to Afternic with a 25% increase. He bought from Afternic on Fast Transfer.I can't speak for how @Vito's sale went down.

Another very good sale there! Congrats Stu! I do this often as well. Ive wanted an exact price for a domain and repriced it at different venues incorporating whatever their specific commission is into the price reflected at that Market to assure i will get my desired net profit.

Nice.
Can you share the sales process? Is it your contact with him?

Sure. So, i'm like @stub here. I don't do outbound on my domain names either.

Domain was pointed to @Uniregistry. I usually use Uni Brokers to sell my domains but I recently set myself as the Broker there. Inbound offer of $7k comes in Jan. I want 20-30k. He kept coming back. Then in May I dropped down a bit and this is what we settled on.

•••
Another very good sale there! Congrats Stu! I do this often as well. Ive wanted an exact price for a domain and repriced it at different venues incorporating whatever their specific commission is into the price reflected at that Market to assure i will get my desired net profit.

I don't want to get too off topic here. But I think buyers see the domain they want with a fixed price and think "Anybody could buy this domain. I might not be the only one. I better buy it at this fixed price before somebody else does." It adds a certain degree of urgency to the decision, if they REALLY want the domain. Just one more reason to have fixed prices. But it's a difficult judgement call to have your whole portfolio at fixed prices. It's easy to leave money on the table, or to deter buyers by pricing too high.

•••
•••
•••
Back