Dynadot

ALERT: Hackers Contest - HIDE THE CHILDREN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Oh Lol sorry I didn't read it.
You can close this one :)

•••
Lol, isn't that like, illegal?
It may not be because I'm stupid. lmao. I dunno...

•••
Originally posted by romantic__
isn't that like, illegal?

Yes it is :)

•••
•••
•••
Originally posted by darksk8er
Blonde Alert!!!

JK!!

actually....
i am blonde. :lol:

•••
Originally posted by romantic__
actually....
i am blonde. :lol:

Weee! Me too :D Yay for blondes :D

•••
oh definitely. *high fives*

•••
A hosting customer, who is currently on probation for hacking, informs us our server is a possible target of revenge by former buddies intent on defacing his site after his refusal to participate in the game.

We don't have another server to back up too! Anyone want to help!!??

•••
Originally posted by lotsofissues
A hosting customer, who is currently on probation for hacking, informs us our server is a possible target of revenge by former buddies intent on defacing his site after his refusal to participate in the game.

We don't have another server to back up too! Anyone want to help!!??

Make sure you run your backup Sat and you shouldn't have any issues. Most farms have already taken appropriate measures

Something tells me this is not going to be a hack in the true sense but a bunch of Script Kiddies doing useless crap like DDNS etc

•••
CentrePoint: DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service).
Lots: you might consider asking whoever runs your server to basically pull the plug for those hours. If you are really scared and can live with 6-7 hours of downtime, I would just do that. Otherwise, start locking it down with a good firewall. Cut off everything for those hours except SSH (unless you have terminal access to it - then you can just login to it from the computer). Then pray SSH doesn't have a vulnerability that they are exploiting. :-/. If they have hacked you already, I would check to see there are no extra usernames/passes and change my own password to be safe.

•••
Sounds like good advice from kohashi! :)
Hope nothing happens, lots.

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
CentrePoint: DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service).
Lots: you might consider asking whoever runs your server to basically pull the plug for those hours. If you are really scared and can live with 6-7 hours of downtime, I would just do that. Otherwise, start locking it down with a good firewall. Cut off everything for those hours except SSH (unless you have terminal access to it - then you can just login to it from the computer). Then pray SSH doesn't have a vulnerability that they are exploiting. :-/. If they have hacked you already, I would check to see there are no extra usernames/passes and change my own password to be safe.

I am not personally worried about it. I do have some clients that are though, while others just take the attitude that if it happens we will fix it.

The news says they are going to try and hit 6000 sites in six hours. Given the billions of pages out there the risk is minimal.
You wold also rhink that given these people are looking for "Attention" they are more likely to go after high profile sites.

•••
I have a great idea!
How about everybody shuts down their MS servers and never turns them back on?

Imagine how fast the net would be without MS :)

Cheers!

•••
Is he seriously banned? Or is that just a tag? :P Why's he banned ?

Anyways...wow 6000 sites - 6 hours! THink of the chaos!

•••
Originally posted by Lord
Is he seriously banned? Or is that just a tag? :P Why's he banned ?

Anyways...wow 6000 sites - 6 hours! THink of the chaos!

I really think NC is having a little Fun.

There has been so much press, I wonder if it will even happen

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
I have a great idea!
How about everybody shuts down their MS servers and never turns them back on?

Imagine how fast the net would be without MS :)

Cheers!

:lol: That would be funny

•••
All my sites right now are in early development

It would be interesting to see
what the hackers put on my sites...

Who knows I might like the changes
Then I would have to hire the hacker to maintain the sites

Yes NameCaster there is a Microsoft...
Just ignore that man behind the OS curtain
and click your heels together three times and repeat
there is no place like home.... there is no place like home

John ;)

•••
Thanks for the warning. I have read about this beforehand over at Nova, but extra information never hurts. I'm not really scared, as my passwords aren't that hard, but they aren't necessarily that easy, either. I agree with what bigboss stated; it will be quite interesting to view what hackers put up for display on the attacked sites.

•••
ive been seeing stuff about this on CNN for a few days now.
6000 sites in 6 hours- how many people are on a team?

•••
wow...6000, didn't know it was that many...

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
wow...6000, didn't know it was that many...

You must have not read the article :laugh:

:notme:

•••
:lol:
shhhh, don't tell anyone!
:D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back