IT.COM

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can find it on host.al fb page.

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
nope they are available.

upload_2017-1-24_23-37-11.png

•••
ok thanks for info
my bad.. my brain is set on LL only. I misread.
I don't think we'll be ever seeing those LL at regfee for all to grab in al
I wish but I doubt

still its nice to see NN like this
I wonder how many.. maybe one?

happy regging folk

•••
maybe 20-30 NN.al still available I think

•••
•••
wow that's a lot

I guess one conclusion only.. folk like LL more than NN :)

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
this extension belongs to albania. I think it is going prosperity

•••
Purchased one NN, the funnier one : wink :

•••
I think the only reason hold this .AL back is those big registrar does not offer register for .al . The price of .al is good enough to grow

•••
i agree
plus its nor really a bad choice of letters either.. I mean AL is just not bad.

good for hacks.. good for many things.

cause for sure there are out there some pretty bad .LL extensions.

•••
I love the extension and the holding cost is not bad at all. :)

Yesterday I regged a couple NN and it was before I saw the above link to the expired NN.

I grabbed 84.al and 48.al. I guess I was lucky to get the two with 8's. Based on what I see now, there aren't any other NN with an 8 currently. :)

•••
•••
The best part of .al is the ease of registration (for a cctld) and management, at least at the company I use, http://www.host.al

.al is pretty easy on the ear and eye but the local economy is going very slow as far as going digital.

•••
al is cheaper than many others
host.al is nice
and ease of use is important
for domainers
but that does not sell domains or decide its value

all in all I like .al
and hold around 10 LL of those

there are also some documenated sales.. thats public on namebio.. and I assume some others which are private.

it doesn'yt really need to be always about local economy either. but it can be. to some extent. sometimes.

cheers

•••
I just renewed all my ll.al names. I added two nn.al also. I like my .al.. Both webhost.al and host.al are very good.

•••
there are also some documenated sales.. thats public on namebio.. and I assume some others which are private.

it doesn'yt really need to be always about local economy either. but it can be. to some extent. sometimes.

cheers

Not sure about sales of .al, but as far as the local economy I' talking about the the bread and butter domains--real estate, insurance, banking etc...unless the local econ is digitized

•••
Not sure about sales of .al, but as far as the local economy I' talking about the the bread and butter domains--real estate, insurance, banking etc...unless the local econ is digitized

well... namebio shows some stuff.. bunch of LL and some hacks.

but any cctld sales can be broken between local enduser.. local domainer.. foreign endusers.. foreign domainer.. which is why I said it doesn't always need to be about local only.

anyone anywhere on planet can want leg.al for his domain.

but I dunno.. maybe bank.al would be that more local thing you speak of.

more or less like that. or osmething not too far from somewhere around there.

cheers

•••
If there is any real investors in .AL, I would like to offer up a list for your consideration. I am very motivated to move on. Let me know if this list is worth selling or should I let them go?

333.al
420.al

aaa.al
ink.al
nim.al (Hack: a.nim.al)

arous.al
behavior.al
betray.al
delusion.al
hannib.al
hypocritic.al
immor.al
inspiration.al
paranorm.al
punctu.al
revers.al
sque.al
supernatur.al
testimoni.al
uncondition.al
unconstitution.al
unoffici.al
unusu.al

af.al
cy.al
ds.al
ga.al
ih.al
ij.al
iy.al
kt.al
nm.al
nq.al
oa.al
oj.al
ry.al
sq.al
tj.al
vr.al (VR) (Looks like viral. Good url shortner)
zw.al

cannabis.al
county.al (Lauderdale.county.al, Lawrence.county.al etc.)
marijuana.al
sterling.al

auburn.al (Auburn, AL)
florence.al (Florence, AL)
huntsville.al (Huntsville, AL)
talladega.al (Talladega, AL)
tuscaloosa.al (Tuscaloosa, AL)

•••
They all look good. Sounds like you want a decent price.

•••
•••
@Sterling what's most surprising is the lack of interest for the likes of alabamacity.al. I have few and zero interest, which is shocking since it's a great combo. Birmingham.al for example, makes sense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back