IT.COM

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm I see one of my favorite registrar istanco can register .al domains.
Is it treated like a gTLD with search engines (like .me) since they both are small country and don't have that much of a local market for domains, but can go for western audience if a proper word hack is done?

good .al hacks (ie: the ones worth owning) are long owned by others at this point. they cannot be just regged or done at this point. cheers.

•••
The one thing i love about hacks, specially in cctld's, you have two ways going about selling it, one is the people and business from the country itself plus the whole western market who might look at the domain from a brandable perspective.

Best,
San

•••
The one thing i love about hacks, specially in cctld's, you have two ways going about selling it, one is the people and business from the country itself plus the whole western market who might look at the domain from a brandable perspective.

Best,
San
I first search for any domain that matches a word both with and without the tld. E.g. accident.al. It's both a hack and not - take your pick.
AL allows for quite a few of these.

•••
I first search for any domain that matches a word both with and without the tld. E.g. accident.al. It's both a hack and not - take your pick.
AL allows for quite a few of these.

things like this are not very valuable and have low chance of finding buyer.
there is a reason it is still not regged.
as I said above, everything that is relaly worth owning, is already long owned.

cheers

•••
things like this are not very valuable and have low chance of finding buyer.
there is a reason it is still not regged.
as I said above, everything that is relaly worth owning, is already long owned.

cheers
AL is still fresh. If the AL popularity will keep rising, even new registrations will have value. And most valuable names that are already owned can probably be acquired at bargain prices.

•••
AL is still fresh. If the AL popularity will keep rising, even new registrations will have value. And most valuable names that are already owned can probably be acquired at bargain prices.

.al is around ~6 years old .. this is not fresh in domaining

like everything else, it's a matter of finding an enduser... can it happen for even new regs.. yes it can.. are your chances good for it to happen.. no they are not..

people owning great al domains are doing just that.. waiting for enduser.. they have no interest in selling great .al domains at reseller or bargain prices to anyone...

cheers

•••
.al is around ~6 years old .. this is not fresh in domaining

like everything else, it's a matter of finding an enduser... can it happen for even new regs.. yes it can.. are your chances good for it to happen.. no they are not..

people owning great al domains are doing just that.. waiting for enduser.. they have no interest in selling great .al domains at reseller or bargain prices to anyone...

cheers
Yes, the elusive end-user holds the biggest prize. It depends on the strategy: long-term, short-term... And then there are life-changing events that may prompt urgent sales...

•••
dropped:

hoverboard.al
pricing.al
quotes.al
qiche.al
765.al
9888.al
myp.al
hrb.al
unitedgames.al

•••
dropped:

hoverboard.al
pricing.al
quotes.al
qiche.al
765.al
9888.al
myp.al
hrb.al
unitedgames.al
Where do you see dropped .al domains, or have you dropped these yourself?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
is there predictions of 2L .al dropping or expiring and becoming available for regfee any time soon?
ty

•••
is there predictions of 2L .al dropping or expiring and becoming available for regfee any time soon?
ty
Most of 2L in .al zone were registered in November-December, so expiration date is close for many of them. I saw 2 of them in the this link & link There is no guarantee that those specific 2 will end up in expiration (as probably they will be renewed or backordered), but for sure some will be released.

Last edited:
•••
i have some renewals coming up on 15 or so 2L
I wonder if I should renew all or not.. what are you guys doing with your 2L?

•••
i have some renewals coming up on 15 or so 2L
I wonder if I should renew all or not.. what are you guys doing with your 2L?
I will probably renew mine another year or two.

•••
AL is an easier hold since the renewal is low. Some of my LL are showing traffic, only had them parked at undeveloped just a couple months so maybe another year or two is a good idea. For now have some LL.AL for sale, PM if anyone interested : smile :

•••
are you guys renewing your LL.al?

any coupons now???

I have like 4 left now only.. they're not bad though... sadly, no offer action.. or very little on 1-2 of them..

any of you had LL sales here? offers?

ty

•••
I intend to keep them. But I would treat .al as a long-term investment. It's a small market, and it's among the poorer countries in Europe. If the economy develops, the TLD will benefit.

I was in Albania last month and I was pleased to see that .al was fairly widespread. .com is also common, and I saw a few .com.al (especially from banks, insurance companies) - .com.al is restricted unlike .al.
So Albania looked like a typical small European country with a visible ccTLD and a measure of .com.

Things to keep in mind:
  • in ten years from now Albania might join the EU
  • the country has a lot of potential for tourism. For the moment it is some kind of confidential destination... but worth visiting and it's still a low-cost country
PS: also keep in mind that .al doesn't really have a working whois, so potential end users must be able to contact you from a placeholder page or similar.

•••
I intend to keep them. But I would treat .al as a long-term investment. It's a small market, and it's among the poorer countries in Europe. If the economy develops, the TLD will benefit.

I was in Albania last month and I was pleased to see that .al was fairly widespread. .com is also common, and I saw a few .com.al (especially from banks, insurance companies) - .com.al is restricted unlike .al.
So Albania looked like a typical small European country with a visible ccTLD and a measure of .com.

Things to keep in mind:
  • in ten years from now Albania might join the EU
  • the country has a lot of potential for tourism. For the moment it is some kind of confidential destination... but worth visiting and it's still a low-cost country
PS: also keep in mind that .al doesn't really have a working whois, so potential end users must be able to contact you from a placeholder page or similar.

ty for your view on this.

yes, I do not think I am reasdy to quit .al completely... so I'll probably hang on to these 4-5 names for couple more years.

namebio is showing basically word hack sales only... maybe 90%+ are like that.

some for good money too.. cor.al recently.. etc

cheers

•••
•••
I sold one LL.al a few months ago and had a few offers on a few others but did not sell as the offers were not great. I am keeping mine with a long term view.

•••
I sold one LL.al a few months ago and had a few offers on a few others but did not sell as the offers were not great. I am keeping mine with a long term view.

how much did you sell it for? and which market?

ty

•••
how much did you sell it for? and which market?

ty

It was just over $2.5k. Not a huge sale but it was used for a hack I think although the did not buy it for a hack. I replaced it by buying a further 3 premium LL.al's from a reseller.

•••
anyone here knows if LL .al are gettin dropped or renewed in general..

I guess the easiest way is to find out if any are avail for reg.. I remmeber with .rs it was similar.. people regged them all.. then basically dropped almost all the next 1-2 years.

strangely, I did manage to sell a few .rs ... but for XX ranges only.. and on flippa.... basically broke even on .rs... not touching that one personally any more... but maybe others had more luck.

any LL.al left to reg? @webhostal

Last edited:
•••
anyone here knows if LL .al are gettin dropped or renewed in general..

I guess the easiest way is to find out if any are avail for reg.. I remmeber with .rs it was similar.. people regged them all.. then basically dropped almost all the next 1-2 years.

strangely, I did manage to sell a few .rs ... but for XX ranges only.. and on flippa.... basically broke even on .rs... not touching that one personally any more... but maybe others had more luck.

any LL.al left to reg?

there are no LL.AL available, but I have a few if anyone wants to add them to their portofolio.

Last edited:
•••
Back