Dynadot

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The hacks are great, yet having a special registrar for a single domain may be a hiccup for some end users. Only have a handful of words/hacks then I have couple dozen LL

Personally, I am happy to renew cheap a few years until it gains popularity, unlike the other expensive higher hassle ccTLDs I regret (GY RS MK)

http://host.al is the only AL registrar I will use now, they are the best with wonderful customer service. Plus they allow upgraded accounts : grin :

AL registry has restrictions on who is allowed to be accredited for AL domains, which is likely why not many big registrars can offer them . . . only local companies can get the registrar accreditation for the Extension . . . The overpriced registrars that specialize in ccTLDs just seem to have agreements with one of the locals to resell.

•••
Yp, easier to have all .al in one account /host. When I sell a name I email and then open a ticket to host.al and /or a FB message and ask them to transfer the name to xxxxx account. Super easy and zero transfer fee ...

•••
I have had a couple of inquiries on rx.al and jj.al.

•••
I've already checked almost every extension on that list for both single letter and single digit. All regged
Thanks, now we don't have to :-P

•••
Albania is European country and has a huge potential to grow in future, Lot of businesses will start and grow in Albania considering recent friendly government policies for businesses there. So ultimately .al has a huge potential. Every business needs a domain name for there presence :)
USA has ALabama and ALaska that could use the extention.

•••
Nope, they don't.

I have actually read some very interesting articles about the two cultures in China with respect to domain name investing. One, is the older Chinese domain investor that holds true to Chinese beliefs about vowels, zeroes, fours and such. The other is the young Chinese domain investor that does not hold to these cultural beliefs as strongly.

This is why there sometimes seems like there is inconsistency in what investments Chinese domain investors are making. There are different types of Chinese domain investors.

So true. The thing about 0 and 4 is they are highly useful in a proper context. The elders know best not to use because more trouble
than benefit. I recently came across something that said either none or few chinese words start with a vowel. So keep that in mind for acronyms. This is the best I have learned so far. They have language rules like the west but, if they can come up with any meaning special to them then it works ! :) The flexibility is unique.
Happy Hunting

•••
loc.al sold for $5995 according to this weeks dnjournal sales report. Kinda low but affirms that there is value in .al hacks.

•••
USA has ALabama and ALaska that could use the extention.

They don't care to buy any names for that. I have /had a few of their cities ...zero interest.

•••
loc.al sold for $5995 according to this weeks dnjournal sales report. Kinda low but affirms that there is value in .al hacks.
I remember this domain was bought for 7K$ initially.

•••
There's money in local search and marketing so loc.al is different

•••
sadly, hack sales in general are not thta common.. narrow that down to the .al ext only and you get.. scarcity.

cheers

•••
I remember this domain was bought for 7K$ initially.
Ringtones.com was purchased for $750K in 2010 and unloaded for $100K in 2015. Ringtone sales peaked in 2007...but still generate over $1 billion dollars annually worldwide. Under your rationale, .com's are falling off.

•••
sadly, hack sales in general are not thta common..

cheers

Far more common than shitty .com sales. Just sayin.

•••
Ringtones.com was purchased for $750K in 2010 and unloaded for $100K in 2015. Ringtone sales peaked in 2007...but still generate over $1 billion dollars annually worldwide. Under your rationale, .com's are falling off.
Loc.al did not generate anything between the two sales...

•••
Still have a few .al domains that will be due for renewal rather soon.
Anyone know of any coupons with host.al so that I can save a few bucks? (yes, I would prefer to stay with host.al)

•••
•••
•••
One of the best customer support people i've found anywhere online. Other registrars should learn from Host.al.

•••
My current .AL names are:

48.al
84.al
BF.al
JA.al
JJ.al
KP.al
KX.al
NB.al
RX.al
SZ.al
XQ.al
YU.al

PM if interested in any of these. :)

•••
My current .AL names are:

48.al
84.al
BF.al
JA.al
JJ.al
KP.al
KX.al
NB.al
RX.al
SZ.al
XQ.al
YU.al

PM if interested in any of these. :)
I got the Ov.al on Flippa the other day. I just like it. It rhymes with your avatar :)

•••
•••
FYI: If you're interested in volume pricing with Host.al:

[me, May 14 2017] What discounts do you offer if I register ten, 20, 100 .al domains or more?
[Host.al support] ... Reseller LVL 2 ... price is 9.99€. 8.99€ for those clients who add a credit equal to 100 domains in the system.

After that I've sent them a list with over 100 domain names and they registered them for me at 8.99 EU. Also, my renewal pricing shows 8.99 EU. Even for ov.al :)

•••
Far more common than sh*tty .com sales. Just sayin.

well you know.. it's not up to us.. we can say or wish all we like.. stats are stats... as it stands now, there is nothing more common than .com sales.. and it doesn't look like it'll ever change. cheers.

•••
do they have a transfer deal now from host.al to webhost.al?

•••
Hmm I see one of my favorite registrar istanco can register .al domains.
Is it treated like a gTLD with search engines (like .me) since they both are small country and don't have that much of a local market for domains, but can go for western audience if a proper word hack is done?

•••
Back