Dynadot

discuss .ai your thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What are your thoughts on .ai extension? AI is the hottest tech in the world and years to come, and .ai extension might take off IMO because of it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.ai left the barn yrs ago.

I acquired about 100 in 2016 - all one word domains - sold over 70....most to endusers that have robust sites and a portfolio of 25 to a domain investor in 2018

most of the ones sold to endusers came via brokers repping the buyers with extensive negotiations and multiple counters sometimes lasting weeks

i still own some super one word gems, all key words in top 100 most popular key words...a few could fetch 6 figures each

i believe there have been only three reported 6 figure .ai sales = expert.ai, music.ai, human.ai?

music.ai will be a good one...google is launching its music generative technology soon ...you can create music, albums, songs, etc...i imagine we will have a top ,ai band soon or maybe even an entire genre of band ai

GANs have reached critical mass way sooner than anticipated...

1 million users of chatgpt3 in 5 days

took months for fb, instagram, twitter, snap to get one million users

Last edited:
•••
I think it's going to be on fire in a near term

But sooner or later as AI tech is truly in every single thing we deal with it will no longer make sense to use "AI" term

It's just going to be a casual routine thing behind everything

Until then a lot of money will be made on the .ai extension I believe

•••
"I think it's going to be on fire in a near term

But sooner or later as AI tech is truly in every single thing we deal with it will no longer make sense to use "AI" term

Until then a lot of money will be made on the .ai extension I believe"

Many companies, startups will be rebranding as AI companies to catch VC funding and ride the AI train...even more so than how IT companies rebranded to CLOUD companies starting in 2006

Google has issued CODE RED to hire AI talent and to shift focus to AI products, including SEARCH, DOCS, CHATBOTS

•••
i just sold one,mid XXXX usd,
i do think it is a gold mine ,but the register fee is too high

•••
Thanks for feedback guys, really appreciate it and congrats on the success your having with the extension.

•••
Yes I think the same

Last edited:
•••

I acquired about 100 in 2016 - all one word domains - sold over 70....most to endusers that have robust sites and a portfolio of 25 to a domain investor in 2018

most of the ones sold to endusers came via brokers repping the buyers with extensive negotiations and multiple counters sometimes lasting weeks

i still own some super one word gems, all key words in top 100 most popular key words...a few could fetch 6 figures each

i believe there have been only three reported 6 figure .ai sales = expert.ai, music.ai, human.ai?

music.ai will be a good one...google is launching its music generative technology soon ...you can create music, albums, songs, etc...i imagine we will have a top ,ai band soon or maybe even an entire genre of band ai

took months for fb, instagram, twitter, snap to get one million users
Great

took months for fb, instagram, twitter, snap to get one million

Great job and vision. I bet big on .tv when they came out in 2000 and did well but late on .ai. Are you sales public? If so love to see what you sold and prices. Congrats again, well deserved.

•••
I think it's going to be on fire in a near term

Until then a lot of money will be made on the .ai extension I believe
I am late buying, but than again I thought I was later buying .com in 1998 when I got in:) I agree .ai extension has great branding and strong keywords have great upsite. thanks for your input.

•••
Can you say the name and where you sold it, broker, etc?

Congrats on the sale.

•••
•••
The more I look into it, the more I am starting to really love the .ai extension. Note: in my 25 years in domaining, I have been 99.9% and .tv, so I usually don't look for other extensions. I see huge upside in .ai even though renewals are little high.

•••
register price is a big problem , now i find many one word had not been reg .

i now had the only one left: www.52.ai...

•••
register price is a big problem , now i find many one word had not been reg .

i now had the only one left: www.52.ai...

Yes it's high, but than again .ai has lot's of end user potential Great name, 2 number can't go wrong.

•••
Yes it's high, but than again .ai has lot's of end user potential Great name, 2 number can't go wrong.
actually , i would choose to sell it if i meet buyer , even if it is xxxx USD

•••
•••
When you copy this, the prices change to non real ones, the real prices are others, it's better to screenshot when sharing namebio data.
I agree prices vary quite a bit but was surprised by the last 5 I posted

•••
Congrats, and I concur - reg fees are too high, but ironically this is prob why I was able to reg so many gems in 2016.

•••
I really like this extension, and I feel it has a very strong future. It isn't easy to get a quality .ai domain, they are expensive and good ones rarely drop, and they seem to be more difficult to catch too

•••
Great

Great job and vision. I bet big on .tv when they came out in 2000 and did well but late on .ai. Are you sales public? If so love to see what you sold and prices. Congrats again, well deserved.
I'd say about 15 of the sales are public.
Had a nice low 5 fig .ai sale in december via godaddy/afternic in december, but don't know why it wasn't reported to namebio, as I didn't sign NDA. Maybe the broker signed an NDA - brokers presented low ball offers for this domain for 5 yrs, then finally got a decent one.

•••
Great

I believe .TV can make a comeback now that GD is putting marketing spend on the extension. I've seen some decent sales over the last 2 months.

•••
I believe .TV can make a comeback now that GD is putting marketing spend on the extension. I've seen some decent sales over the last 2 months.
I agree 100%

•••
I'd say about 15 of the sales are public.
Had a nice low 5 fig .ai sale in december via godaddy/afternic in december, but don't know why it wasn't reported to namebio, as I didn't sign NDA. Maybe the broker signed an NDA - brokers presented low ball offers for this domain for 5 yrs, then finally got a decent on
Congrats on sales. I had many over the years that are not NDA don't make Namebio but I report them to Ron Jackson at DNJournal.com and he post them in weekly report.

Last edited:
•••
thanks for feedback

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back