Dynadot

discuss Agreed to 4 sales two weeks ago.. Now all 4 still stuck in Escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
All different buyers.. Anyone else experiencing a lot of stuck sales. Should I bother to email the buyers or just assume it's going to fail due to non payment to escrow. Why do people agree to something and not follow through :( Never had so many failed due to buyers remorse. Just letting out some air today..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm only giving you my jaundiced experience of trying to sell nGTLDs. I think most of your domains are quite good from looking at your domain.deals website How do they find your listings on Uniregistry? Do you point the DNS to Uniregistry? I think you should maybe also point your domains from your website to Uniregistry, provided you are not paying commissions to Uniregistry.

I don't know how they find my domains, I think they just type it in the browser.

Last one, just 2 hours ago...

4.1.png

•••
Something is going on. Were these or OP's offers possibly from @gmail.com addresses?

I had five offers from four emails in a very short timeframe. I replied to one and a deal was pending but then nothing.
Yes, from [email protected], and other email addresses

•••
I don't know how they find my domains, I think they just type it in the browser.

Last one, just 2 hours ago...

I think you should know how potential buyers find your domains. For example, Big.Red points to the Uniregistry Marketplace. You should ensure each and every domain you have for sale uses the same method and point to the uniregistry marketplace. And providing you aren't paying commissions to Uniregistry, you should point every domain list on domain.deals to the same uniregistry for sale link for that domain.

•••
I think you should know how potential buyers find your domains. For example, Big.Red points to the Uniregistry Marketplace. You should ensure each and every domain you have for sale uses the same method and point to the uniregistry marketplace. And providing you aren't paying commissions to Uniregistry, you should point every domain list on domain.deals to the same uniregistry for sale link for that domain.

I know that the overwhelming amount of traffic comes to my domains due to the fact that someone mistakenly puts the dot between words, when searching, since the browser works like a search in Google...
Chrome => Google etc...

...or, mistakenly puts the dot between words in the text and 2 words become a link

5.1.png

or from Social Media
for example:

https://www.instagram.com/the.end.of.the.f*cking.world - just change the asterisk to the letter "u"

just copy and paste in the browser and press enter: the.end.of.the.fucking.world

So this way I get a few hundred visitors a day to my domains.

Last edited:
•••
I have a GoDaddy sale at $5k which is going thru escrow.com It strikes me that the buyer is trying to pay escrow.com but for whatever reason, Escrow.com are not accepting their credit cards. The buyer is in UK. It might just be a ruse to run out the clock on the GoDaddy transaction. But it's always difficult to read the buyers true motivations.

I do find that most of my failed Escrow.com transactions have been because I have been too quick to push it to Escrow.com (not in the above case, but generally).
If I remember right Escrow will accept payment by credit card up to $2,000. I think if you set the payment at $4,999 or less Godaddy will accept the payment themselves through their own system.

•••
If I remember right Escrow will accept payment by credit card up to $2,000. I think if you set the payment at $4,999 or less Godaddy will accept the payment themselves through their own system.

This is what Escrow.com say about Credit Card limits

escrow.com said:
  • Credit card and PayPal payments are subject to an additional Express Deposit Fee of 3.05%, have a maximum allowable amount of $5,000.00, and are subject to Escrow.com approval.
  • Your total amount paid in the last 6 months via credit card or paypal should not exceed $5,000 (where you are the buyer).

I know about the $4999 trick. I have used it several times. It's my preferred method of accepting a payment of $5000+ at GoDaddy. As soon as they accepted my offer, for sure my hand slapped my head. What was I thinking at the time I quoted $5000? I don't remember :(

But the good news is their payment cleared yesterday, and Escrow.com are asking me to transfer the domain to them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back