Domain Empire

"AGED" Domains that never had any Pages indexed in Google = Zero SEO Benefits ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear forums members,

I find a few members offering "Aged" domains but by checking archive.org I saw that no page has ever been archived, so probably no page indexed by google either.

In theory, as Google never knew there was a website there, the SEO benefits should be Zero.

Don't you think I'm right ? :|

(I don't see ANY reason why an aged domain that has just been registered for ages and never been used would have any SEO benefits)

And what about websites that got 10 pages archived... but 3 years ago ? (and since then no page archived) Probably no SEO benefits as well, right ?

Thank you,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In theory, as Google never knew there was a website there, the SEO benefits should be Zero.

Don't you think I'm right ? :|
More or less :blink:
It's all relative.
Even if the domain has not been developed - notwithstanding ownership changes - the fact that it has been registered for a long time may suggest it's in for the long haul. Normally it will already be out of the sandbox. That's another benefit.

Some people still like old domains to establish credibility (in the same fashion as off the shelf corporations).

•••
I think the "SEO benefits" of aged domains is more of a myth perpetuated by domain sellers of aged domains. If you were buying an aged website, that would be a totally different story since you would probably have backlinks, etc. built up already.

If the domain dropped at all (i.e. the domain was newly registered) but still had pages in Archive, Google would probably treat it as a clean slate. Thus, no benefit or harm.

If the aged domain you bought was previously used by spammers, blacklisted, and/or banned by search engines, that would obviously do a lot more harm than the supposed "benefits" brought on by aged domains.

I agree with sdsinc that it's good to show you're in it for the long haul, this is usually best accomplished by adding more years onto your registration although the actual benefit of this is hard to measure.

•••
I somewhat disagree that it has little benefits. I've taken names that were aged & had no pages or little according to Archive.org (not an end all be all source) & done well with them. I do think the age has helped & contains its built in advantages. How much of them exist will always be up for debate as the actual numbers are not known but it is not lost in search results imho.

•••
I think aged domains can help a little, but if you put poor quality content on an aged domain (indexed in the past or not) and buy a really bad domain name and put great, optimized content on it, there is no doubt in my mind which one is going to do better.

If you have had good luck with aged domains, then I would do a test with a brand new domain and add the same kind of content that you did with the ageded domain. I think all other things ewual the domain age is not going to make much difference.

Of course one thing that can make an aged domain more valuable is if there are links pointing to it. Those will help almost any domain.

•••
I think we can say there are benefits for both
a) having archives/ past website
b) domain name age

Usually we get these from drop domain. I recommend Name.com droplist

•••
The only reason i'd look at an aged domain to purchase if it has backlinks and those links have been there for years. If it's not promoted and has no SEO work done to it, it has the same value for me personally as if it were registered yesterday.

•••
Many people like to buy aged domains because an old registration date makes their business look like they have been around for a while. It might not really have any SEO benefit if no pages have ever been indexed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back