NameLot

Afternic traffic stats.....

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by parkingpartners.com, Sep 28, 2003

Replies:
Views:

1. parkingpartners.com

parkingpartners.com Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I listed about a dozen domains on afternic about a week go. Most of them have gotten some traffic, maybe half a dozen hits, nothing earth shattering since being listed.

My question is, what is a good number of hits per day or per week for sites listed on there? Obviously, its not necessarily the hits that matter, it only takes one potential buyer. But I'm trying to gauge the general interest level. Any ballpark figures?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. wicked_gal00

wicked_gal00 VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I'd also be interested in this...

3. armstrong

armstrong Man from Manila VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I believe that regular hits, no matter how few, may indicate that a particular domain name would be easier to build up as a brand, since it is already receiving either type-in traffic or has existing links.

However, I'd be wary of Afternic traffic, as I don't see any mechanisms to prevent abuse, such as stats that show the top hosts responsible for the traffic. Without such mechanisms, it would be a trivial matter for the domain owner to increase traffic to his domains.

Other than this, I like most everything else about Afternic.

4. Coastalguy

Coastalguy Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hmmm...interesting

ST

5. Page Howe

Page Howe Top Member PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

thanks for all the replies to this question, i have an interest too.

as to manipulation.... assume i as an owner am looking at the afternic stats and know I havent done anything to boost them...is there a "natural" number fro spiders, directories etc that should be considered traffic every name gets?

6. parkingpartners.com

parkingpartners.com Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have a domain listed on there that says its gotten 27 unique visitors per month (the highest in my portfolio). I've been debating about whether to develop it.

I also wonder about any sort of manipulation of the system. For $10 a year, it seems like a wise investment though.

7. armstrong

armstrong Man from Manila VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

For your site to be spidered, there must be incoming links, right?

I have some domains that have no traffic at all, since they don't have incoming links.

I think most domain sellers won't stoop to boosting their traffic stats, as they'd be discovered soon after the sale. But I've seen it happen, so just be careful when buying on this basis is all I'm saying.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice