Dynadot

Afternic Power Sellers: Do GD-based registrations help generate more sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For those that regularly sell at Afternic (at least monthly), do you believe that having/registering domains at GD helps generate more sales (fast-transfer, more exposure)?

I am asking as I will be registering 1000 domains this week - and am hesitating between 3 registrars. The GD rate would be around $0.60 more expensive/domain (+$600 overall). If the domains have higher chances of selling (ex. @Afternic), then it's obviously worth paying a little extra upfront - for the longer-term sales benefits.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO nope. More exposure how? As of my understanding everything listed @ Afnic w/ BIN these days gets distributed pretty much everywhere, at least the big ones, GD, NetSol, Register.com, eNom, Tucows etc. But yes, they're (whatever registrars) not part of fast-transfer which might be something to consider (transfer is manual).

I think Dynadot has price of $7.99 (.COM) for the month of June. Maybe consider that? They're part of fast-transfer. But. the domains w/ Dynadot get distributed only after the 60-day period. And registrars that are not part of fast-transfer get distributed right away. Yes, a bit confusing...

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know, all names within their network get the same exposure.

In reference to the 1000 names you are planning to register, I think if you call GoDaddy before proceeding, they might be able to give you a special discount.

•••
Thanks. However, I am not sure there is a better price than the domain discount's club pricing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back