NameSilo

Afternic Having Problems This Morning?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I'm having intermittent problems navigating on Afternic.

Anyone else having trouble this morning?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Yes - I started new thread at same time....

Afternic a total mess right now.

•••
I know. Seems they are working on it. I hope they are not letting the GD techs handle it. :)

•••
I know. Seems they are working on it. I hope they are not letting the GD techs handle it. :)
OMG - For sure. Hope they have own dev team.

•••
I had some issue deleting some names and it worked only after some refresh

•••
Works with a number of errors. After a few refreshes and relogins. Something is not working OK, today and also yesterday. Yesterday: a number of my domains from 2 recently added batches mystically became "in review", even though all were successfully listed with fast transfer in November - December. Today: Navigation issues. Tomorrow: ..?.. <crossing fingers>

•••
Same here. Going to walk away from it until later.

•••
Works with a number of errors. After a few refreshes and relogins. Something is not working OK, today and also yesterday. Yesterday: a number of my domains from 2 recently added batches mystically became "in review", even though all were successfully listed with fast transfer in November - December. Today: Navigation issues. Tomorrow: ..?.. <crossing fingers>
I'm seeing this strange review status too. After a bulk change of BIN prices I'm not able to access my portfolio

•••
After a bulk change of BIN prices
Yeah, I saw this before. Afaik it should be autofixed by itself in ~24 hours. But the system is far from stable now :(

•••
They have problem since they build this useless website

•••
And now this.
''You are currently delegated as. All activity will be logged.''

and now.JPG

But hey at least it seems like they are working on something.

•••
Issues like this can be nail-biting due to the trust that we instill in these companies to protect our highly valued domain name assets. Anytime there is a glitch in the system, there can always be a concern for the probability of a hacker wanting to manipulate and capitalize off of a company's software error. :xf.cool:

•••

Yes I have seen some outages recently. Also its time for an overhaul for their website, given new interfaces like Dan, etc.

•••
Not just afternic, same with GoDaddy's registration path, appraisal path, and premium listings

I think they're trying something new where if you enter keywords at godaddy without an extension, it would normally show if the .com was available/taken by default, now if the .com is taken, it's automatically showing the name is available but under a different extension in main registration path. Not smart IMO. Going to cause confusion, people registering the wrong addresses thinking they were getting a .com, and sacrificing .COM premiums over 20-$30 regs under different extensions. Pushing what people don't want rather than better highlighting/showcasing premium alternatives.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not just afternic, same with GoDaddy's registration path, appraisal path, and premium listings

I think they're trying something new where if you enter keywords at godaddy without an extension, it would normally show if the .com was available/taken by default, now if the .com is taken, it's automatically showing the name is available but under a different extension in main registration path. Not smart IMO. Going to cause confusion, people registering the wrong addresses thinking they were getting a .com, and sacrificing .COM premiums over 20-$30 regs under different extensions. Pushing what people don't want rather than better highlighting/showcasing premium alternatives.

Maybe it is different here (use Canadianized version) but GoDaddy search has always worked the way you describe for me. Let's say I search for Word1Word2.com and it is not available. They show me alternatives like Word1-Word2.com the plural, the .org or .net or .info if available, and a few exact matches in new extensions. I can't see anything different today from last week in the search.

So if I search a single word, not usually available in .com, .net or .org, usually they will show me that word in some new extensions and country code, and also will try to guess a similar word. Like if I look for excellent they will show me superb if it is available.

Bob

•••
Yes, I'm still getting random errors. I haven't tried clearing my cache. I don't want to do that.

•••
{"response":null,"http_response":500,"message":"Something went wrong, please try again","ex_time":0}

This is really bad

•••
Same here, Afternic is terrible to work with (Germany). Best if you log out and log in again when error messages arrive. There is a bigger chance that it works again after that.

Similar Godaddy, tried to renew a name but didn´t appear in my shopping cart until I logged out and in again.

Happy Holidays

•••
Yeah having problems seeing no pending sales

•••
Yeah having problems seeing no pending sales
How do you know the "pending" sales disappeared? Could the potential buyer have finally cleared their shopping cart?

•••
•••
Yeah, still getting errors/raw codes displaying on page.

Last edited:
•••
upload_2019-12-18_23-45-22.jpeg

User experience a few minutes ago, after Login.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back