Dynadot

Afternic Form NameServers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was wondering does anyone know nameservers which if set, lead to the Afternic for sale form being produced on the landing page, perhaps @Joe Styler could help?

So the result would be like this: cheap -- book -- dot com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm also very surprised that the Afternic landers don't have a BIN option as most marketplace leaders emphasize that a BIN price produces the best results.
I think if they can add this feature it would allow for great sales through rates along with bringing buyer confidence as most people know & trust the GoDaddy brand.
We tested having a price and not having a price on the landing page extensively. We find that having a price significantly lowers the overall sales vs having a contact form with a phone number. Having a conversation with someone about the domain and the price has shown to be more successful overall in selling more domains.

•••
•••
ns3.afternic.com
ns4.afternic.com

•••
And certain IP address doesn't matter here.
ENTIRE Ukrainian IP ranges are blocked.

•••
you can go to bostonfall.com as an example.

•••
I am not that sure that showing BIN price in lander would lead to more sales! I think its better not to show it. I love that buyer can call afternic!

I maybe wrong. But looks like it

•••
@Joe Styler when a potential buyer inquires through the new godaddy/afternic inquiry form does an afternic broker automatically quote the posted buy it now price the seller has or does the broker try to get a higher price first? I’m asking because a couple reported sales here on namepros said the broker negotiated a higher selling price then the seller posted
If you have a BIN price they will try and close it at that price.

•••
Why Ukrainian IP ranges are blocked on your firewall???
A few years already "Access Denied" message for me and for other Ukrainian domainers... and for endusers/buyers as well.

•••
I am doing some testing @Joe Styler and any name with more than 14 characters including the dot and extension
will not all be on one line. Thats because your contact form is to wide.
Use newportbeach.xyz as example, hope you dont mind.
ns3 and ns4 are basically as said previously https://www.afternic.com/forsale/newportbeach.xyz
afternic.com/forsale/
Why not make up ns5 and ns6.afternic.com servers https://www.afternic.com/domain/newportbeach.xyz
afternic.com/domain/
This will show our bin which is now bad to display, and as I Upper and Lowercase my names when entering in your system, they will display the proper casing on /domain/ and allow longer names like NewportBeach.xyz to dispaly properly on one line.

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/newportbeach.xyz gotta admit that is a pretty ugly lander. My font the yz are on separate line
Great for names 10 characters before dot
If you had ns5 and ns6 pointing to /domain/ then @Recons.Com can do some testing and you can make your customers happier, cause this what i want too. And i would like to see results of his split testing.

Never stop investing. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new. The moment you stop improving your organization, it starts to die. Tell Bob its time to improve your sales landers and that clunky old control panel.
That is an old lander partially because it's expired and in redemption and I no longer control the DNS on it. I got that name as a cheap name to test another platform. If you want it it's dropping :) Anyway that example was using the old lander. The new lander is more responsive and includes the GoDaddy logo on the top which has helped convert more sales. If you look at a really long name I have on the new lander you can see it doesnt split the domain successfullifecoaching.com. It will at odd/non standard resolutions, but for phones and most monitor sizes even a really long name like this stays on one line.

You should make sure you are on the new landing pages.

•••
@domainer111 - can you post an example of what this looks like for one of your domains?

•••
Hi @Kpett if you visit cheap //// book /// dot com you will see an example, I haven't set this up on my own stuff yet.

•••
you can go to bostonfall.com as an example.

hi @Joe Styler

Can the lander be with BIN instead of contact form? Do you have any stats showing that contact form results at higher chance of a sale?

•••
There is no BIN lander right now. We are looking at it. As far as the higher chance to sell what do you mean? Than not having any page up at all - yes. Than not having parking links and only a sale lander - mixed and depends on the portfolio. You should test yours and see.

I meant comparing bin with contact us to find out the price.

You have afternic prices showing at afternic.com/domain/{domain_name}

I could of course do A/B test with both, but the scale that Afternic has to test things and mine are nowhere near each other )

•••
•••
Anyone using these nameservers for lander? Any sales?

•••
I meant comparing bin with contact us to find out the price.

You have afternic prices showing at afternic.com/domain/{domain_name}

I could of course do A/B test with both, but the scale that Afternic has to test things and mine are nowhere near each other )
Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. It is something we are looking at. We have some ideas around it that we think may work to improve sales. I don't have an ETA on it though.

•••
Has anyone had any success with using ns3.afternic and ns4.afternic ?

•••
I'm also very surprised that the Afternic landers don't have a BIN option as most marketplace leaders emphasize that a BIN price produces the best results.
I think if they can add this feature it would allow for great sales through rates along with bringing buyer confidence as most people know & trust the GoDaddy brand.

•••

Yes they should have BIN maybe this will add this feature soon..

•••
We find that having a price significantly lowers the overall sales vs having a contact form with a phone number.

Thanks so much for the various responses in this thread @Joe Styler . It is good that research was done, and I can see that some potential buyers might be scared off by a BIN but after a phone call brought to decide to buy. Nevertheless the result seems contrary to what some others claim also based on research that BIN prices yields more sales.

One thought I had was triggered by your wording is "overall sales". I could see a situation where a phone contact is likely to them buying some name, and therefore domain sales over the network goes up, but the probability of buying this particular domain name does not necessarily go up. I was just wondering if the research looked at the probability of that particular domain name selling, or if it looked at the overall number of sales from leads on a group of domains that had no BIN price.

I have wavered on the topic of BIN or not and just want to be as informed as possible.

By the way I really like floor level price that Afternic ask for, for those who do not yet use Afternic it is the minimum an agent can negotiate without contact with seller (kept confidential obviously). I think this is absolutely the smart way to go.

Bob

ps It was nice to meet you in person at NamesCon and thanks for coordinating the great meetup during the event!

•••
The same thing. I go through VPN.

•••
Thanks so much for the various responses in this thread @Joe Styler . It is good that research was done, and I can see that some potential buyers might be scared off by a BIN but after a phone call brought to decide to buy. Nevertheless the result seems contrary to what some others claim also based on research that BIN prices yields more sales.

One thought I had was triggered by your wording is "overall sales". I could see a situation where a phone contact is likely to them buying some name, and therefore domain sales over the network goes up, but the probability of buying this particular domain name does not necessarily go up. I was just wondering if the research looked at the probability of that particular domain name selling, or if it looked at the overall number of sales from leads on a group of domains that had no BIN price.

I have wavered on the topic of BIN or not and just want to be as informed as possible.

By the way I really like floor level price that Afternic ask for, for those who do not yet use Afternic it is the minimum an agent can negotiate without contact with seller (kept confidential obviously). I think this is absolutely the smart way to go.

Bob

ps It was nice to meet you in person at NamesCon and thanks for coordinating the great meetup during the event!

We are looking at that specific name, not others. We believe a BIN price leads to more sales, in fact we see that it leads to a greater than 2x sell through rate across the board. We have also found that on landing pages we sell more domains, the domain on the landing page not other domains, without the price stated than we do when showing the price first.
If you already have a BIN price or a floor price on the domain we can close the deal faster once in contact with the buyer which is another factor in sell through rate, speed. The deeper dive into the data is found in Paul's last two keynotes at Namescon and although a bit old at this point, still very true the hangout we did with Afternic sales.

•••
If you are in the Crimea region it is against the law for us to do business with you. If your IP is from that region you cannot access our website.
No, I'm not from Crimea.
And my friends as well.

•••
We have full access to GoDaddy and no any access to Afternic for years.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back