Domain Empire

Afternic.com website entirely blocked to me 403 forbidden error

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
For two days now I have been unable to access www.afternic.com I get a 403 forbidden error.

I changed my IP address but same issue. Using Time Warner (Spectrum) land based ISP.

I am able to access via cellular based ISP.

I contacted afternic they said to email them, indicate my IP address and afternic username, and ask that it be unblocked.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The same happened to me last year with Afternic.
They asked for my IP, I sent them and they unblocked it. Never had that problem ever since.

•••
Works for me. Perhaps your activity triggered some alarm that blocked your IP. If your actual account isn't blocked, contact them as DB suggested.

•••
My account is fine, just cannot access via either of these two Spectrum IP addresses. Obviously has nothing to do with me because the second IP address is one I have never had before. I think they must have blocked a range of IP addresses for some reason.

I actually just tried it via a proxy, entirely different IP address, and also blocked. (With all cookies and flash objects cleared, too.) Blocked from even accessing www.afternic.com whatsoever nothing to do per se with my account, which my account is fine.

Yet when I access it via cellular based ISP, I am able to access and login to my account fine.

I change IP addresses regularly actually, so somehow I must have landed on an IP address that was blocked for some reason by someone else's activity.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic wrote back to me and said that my two IP addresses had been put temporarily on hold, through no fault or action of mine - nothing to do with me. Evidently they have blocked a set of Spectrum IP addresses, and they don't even know why lol. Afternic is asking their developers. They are working on resolving the issue.

•••
Afternic wrote back to me and said that my two IP addresses had been put temporarily on hold, through no fault or action of mine - nothing to do with me. Evidently they have blocked a set of Spectrum IP addresses, and they don't even know why lol. Afternic is asking their developers. They are working on resolving the issue.

I must have been one of the blocked IPs but today it seems to work again.

•••
•••
I gave up waiting for them, and simply changed my IP address again, to an entirely different range. I am able to view afternic.com and login as usual again now/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back