Domain Empire

403 Forbidden Error

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

niftiemedia

Account Closed
Impact
How can I fix a 403 Forbidden Error? I have it on two of my websites: ChangeInternet.com and iFake.net.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are the files CHMOD'd to unreadable? Try setting them as 644.

•••
My files were at 744 and I just find it very strange that this happened because I had not changed files. I just changed nameservers. Thank you for your help, I will see if chmoding to 644 will work. I'll get back to you.

Actually, I have a question. The error is due to the server the domain name is hosted on am I right? If I change the nameservers, will that fix the problem?

Last edited:
•••
The error is on the server side, whether it be due to permissions or something else. I don't want to worry you, but I'd made sure your account is secure and there haven't been any exploits.

•••
Well, when I tried logging into my CPanel I did notice an unusual error. It said something to the degree of "the ip has changed due to a possible hijacking". I am not quite sure.

What does that mean that the error is on the 'server side'? Does that mean that the error is with the company who is hosting my websites? How can I get rid of the error? By changing my Nameservers?

I apologize for all the questions. This has never happened to me before and I really am lost on what to do. I have read countless articles on the error but non of them tell me anything concrete.

Oh by the way, I set my files to 644 and it hasn't changed.

•••
set chmod to 755 since .php needs it to execute
ask/update your hosting provider to update their ip license on cpanel, as they have changed ip

http://forums.cpanel.net/

Last edited:
•••
Thank you weblord. I have chmoded all the files to 755 now and am still getting the error. I will ask them. I actually emailed them earlier today when I first noticed the problem and still have yet to receive any email. Once it happened, I switched to another hosting provider by changing Nameservers but it did not seem to fix the problem.

•••
what does your error logs say?

niftiemedia said:
Thank you weblord. I have chmoded all the files to 755 now and am still getting the error. I will ask them. I actually emailed them earlier today when I first noticed the problem and still have yet to receive any email. Once it happened, I switched to another hosting provider by changing Nameservers but it did not seem to fix the problem.

•••
Well, it just shows the last 20 kilobytes but there is definitely a pattern.

internet.com/index.php')
ALERT - configured request variable name length limit exceeded - dropped variable 'COOKIE%3Bfamilysexartdrawnincestcom%3B%2F%3Bcrazy3dxxx_artincest_com' (attacker '121.25.65.138', file '/private/private/changeinternet.com/index.php')
ALERT - configured request variable name length limit exceeded - dropped variable 'COOKIE%3Bfamilysexartdrawnincestcom%3B%2F%3Bcrazy3dxxx_artincest_com' (attacker '121.25.65.138', file '/private/private/changeinternet.com/index.php')

This certain IP address has been asking for the same thing over and over and over again.

My other site is showing this error but with different IPs:
ALERT - configured GET variable value length limit exceeded - dropped variable '__new_url' (attacker '59.95.236.141', file '/private/private/ifake.net/index.php')

Last edited:
•••
use ip deny manager to block these 2
if you have firewall block it from there.
121.25.65.138 < - china
59.95.236.141 < - india

if you have trouble ticket on your hosting provider post your error logs as well

niftiemedia said:
Well, it just shows the last 20 kilobytes but there is definitely a pattern.

internet.com/index.php')

This certain IP address has been asking for the same thing over and over and over again.

My other site is showing this error but with different IPs:
ALERT - configured GET variable value length limit exceeded - dropped variable '__new_url' (attacker '59.95.236.141', file '/private/private/ifake.net/index.php')

•••
I actually do not have IP deny. I looked all over the LXAdmin and couldn't find anything to block them. Also, I tried sending a trouble ticket but I ended up getting an error.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPS for my domains. Would that even get rid of the 403 error?

•••
yes it will make sure you have a different ip
in the meantime do this
create an .htaccess file where your index.php is located, with the content:
Code:
<Limit GET HEAD POST>
order allow,deny
deny from 121.25.65.138
deny from 59.95.236.141
allow from all
</LIMIT>

if you have still ftp or cpanel access that is.
niftiemedia said:
I actually do not have IP deny. I looked all over the LXAdmin and couldn't find anything to block them. Also, I tried sending a trouble ticket but I ended up getting an error.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPS for my domains. Would that even get rid of the 403 error?

•••
Ok, I created the .htaccess file. Thank you very much for the help.

If getting a VPS server will get rid of the error, how come when I changed nameservers, the error followed? I think what I am going to try right now is changed my nameservers to Parked and see what happens. It is not like I have anything left to lose.

•••
good idea, parking will change your ip
niftiemedia said:
Ok, I created the .htaccess file. Thank you very much for the help.

If getting a VPS server will get rid of the error, how come when I changed nameservers, the error followed? I think what I am going to try right now is changed my nameservers to Parked and see what happens. It is not like I have anything left to lose.

•••
Well, it has been a couple of hours and I am still getting the errors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back