Domain Empire

“AFTERNIC CHOICE” is FAB, DS, & HOUSE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Will AC (AFTERNIC CHOICE) be better or worste?

“Dear Afternic Members:

Afternic has created a revolutionary new parking program, Afternic Choice. We have always made partnering with popular domain websites the focus of our marketing strategy. Now we have partnered with leading parking services to offer our members a Choice. Beginning January 3, 2005, members can use Afternic Choice to park their domain names with leading parking services and still earn Afternic affiliate commissions.

Afternic studied the domain parking market and came to the conclusion that some of the companies that are specializing in maximizing revenue from parked domains are doing a great job. These leading parking services have the resources to monitor the clicks and the behavior of users to parked domains and can negotiate the best revenue share with the major search engines.

We are starting Afternic Choice with three leading domain parking companies in order to offer our members a choice of parking providers. There will be more to come.
1. Fabulous.com is a “Value Added Service” Domain Name Registrar. Its principal client base is professional domain owners, and in particular domain owners with large portfolios.
2. Domain Sponsor is an industry leader for monetization of parked domains. In addition to keyword matching, their service optimizes each landing page everyday based on prior consumer behavior on the domain.
3. House Parking – Our House Parking is a flexible program using a variety of PPC revenue sources.
Our testing shows that some domains will do better with one provider while other domains will produce more revenue with another provider. Members will be able to set a default parking service for their account to select the parking service for all new names that they list and park. Individual names or groups of names can be changed to another parking service. Members will also be able to make a global change to move all of their domains at once to the service of their choice.

The parking pages from each service will still include a for sale sign with affiliate links to your Afternic listing. This means that you will still be earning Afternic affiliate commissions as well as the highest PPC revenue. We are confident that if you have domains to sell and want to earn the most from those domains while they wait to sell, you want to park your names with Afternic.

All of us at Afternic look forward to serving you in 2005.

Happy New Year,
Michael Collins
VP Marketing"
AfternicDotcom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So what would the benefit be for us if we're already using DS?

I guess I'm missing the point of what "parterning with them" will do...

-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
So what would the benefit be for us if we're already using DS?

I guess I'm missing the point of what "parterning with them" will do...

-Allan

Those are excellent questions Allan!

I can’t speak for AC, however, nobody can stop me from speculating. Assuming that performing domains on DS give the exact same revenue on AC [That is quite an assumption considering there is a middleman and the landing pages differ] -> the advantage would then be (if you are lazy) you could only deal with one entity rather than 4. You could still keep everything you have with DS, but for non-performing domains with DS, I guess AC pips to FAB or house. The forth entity would be Afternic could also sell that turkey of a domain.

A downside speculation (based on my experience in life) is that for every layer of middlemen there are extra costs reducing revenue.

Another possible downside would be your not interested in selling domains and that stupid Afternic “closing soon” bid screen section takes away a revenue area.

Regardless, anything may be worth a try as it could work for some.

•••
That was mostly my thought, the "adding another layer of middlemen" just seems like a high price to pay considering so many of the services already have the option to make and accept offers.

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back