Dynadot

marketplace Afternic BIN Lander Bug

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
To those who are using Godaddy/Afternic NS5/NS6 BIN Landers:

Be advised, the "Buy Now" buttons are not working on the landers.

So far, the only domains not affected are those that are opted-in to the Fast Transfer network.

For everything else, you may want to consider the NS3/NS4 landers or an alternative for the time being until they get the issue resolved.

I suspect this has been an unknown issue for quite awhile and as I'm sure you can imagine, there are a lot of domains affected by this issue.

I discovered the issue at the end of June while testing the BIN landers and knew something was terribly wrong when I was directed to an empty cart after ticking the buy now button. (I reported it immediately. Unfortunately, it didn't actually get seen or heard until a follow-up this week.)

Needless to say, they are now aware of the issue and working "feverishly" on it.

In the event this takes them longer than expected as I suspect it will, I thought it best that everyone using the NS5/NS6 BIN landers be made aware of the issue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
True, i just tested this now.

•••
I just tried a few and confirmed not working as reported.

Yikes how did this go unnoticed by GD? Definitely some sales lost with BIN landers without BIN purchase capability.

Since .XYZ and all other new gTLDs, and most country codes, are not supported by FT, this means that NS5/6 landers have not been capable of BIN except by the customer phoning the number after trying to buy directly through the button.

Thanks for reporting it and telling us about it @411domains .

Last edited:
•••
Thank you @411domains.

I can confirm this bug on ns5/ns6 BIN landers.

@Joe Styler

After clicking the "Buy Now" button, the following error appears:

1657326166060.png

•••
•••
Now I know why I lost so many sales!

•••
How long has this problem been occurring? Because it' about 2 months I have no sale on Afternic.

•••
Few days ago, I found this error. I contacted afternic, and then they dealt with it. Then all returned to normal. If you click buy now, you can go to the shopping cart, where there is the domain name and price you want to buy. Seeing your post, I found that this mistake came back. Before that, I just thought only I was like this.
Thank you for your remind. It's very important to everyone.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing and pointing those out, this is not cute at all. I switched 80% of my sub 5k bin to these landers a month ago….

As well as some 10k+ ones …how disappointed I am to know this.

Note I am closing a 5 fig sale that had a bin ns5/6 lander but buyer came in through Afternic and negotiations were done via platform. ( this sale also has had several hiccups along the way, and is still waiting to fully complete).

I appreciate you sharing this with us.

I will be going back to All Efty, Dan and private landers after hearing this, knowing what else has happen to others recently as well as myself. This is unfortunate.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler , please give us some update on this issue. I am hoping this is on the top of the priority list of GD & afternic and will be resolved soon.
Thanks in advance.

PS : Just checked random sample from my 500 + xyz domains, none of them working. This is very serious indeed for us investors.

Last edited:
•••
This is not good at all without afternic updating the costumers.

•••
I have just checked this with some of my domains listed at afternic ns5 and ns6 landers and after clicking the Buy now button the error message occours:

A submission error occurred​

Please try refreshing the page or return in a few minutes.
Need help? Give us a call.
020 7255 0717

@411domains thanks for informing us about this issue. I will switch the affected domains to other sales markets.

•••
Based on Joe's previous responses, his response will be something like "I don't check this forum every day". However, I strongly believe that a company like GoDaddy should monitor this important service 24x7x365 themselves, and that forum members should not have to find out on their own that something is going wrong.

•••
Not only we - domainers will lose a sale. GD will lose commission also.
What's so hard to understand and why the important issue like this is not taking care right away?

•••
I tested and it's the same for me. Fast Transfer enabled names are ok, others trigger the error.

•••
•••
With NS5/6 landers, my domains say "This domain may be for sale" until after the 60 days. So there is no buy now available. For my domains beyond 60 days, it does have the buy now.

This seems to match what you are saying, but I don't have any domains beyond 60 days that use ns5/ns6 landers, because I know they aren't fast transfer available.

Is it only on non-fast transfer, beyond 60 days ownership domains that you are seeing the error on?

I did try BIN on a Fast Transfer domain and it just brought me to the generic godaddy page with no BIN info. Then I tried a second one and this time both the first domain I clicked, AND the second one were in the cart.

Thanks for any clarifications.

•••
Is it only on non-fast transfer, beyond 60 days ownership domains that you are seeing the error on?
As far as what I have tried, and what the OP says, it is any name without FT that gives the error message when the user tries to press the Buy Now button (the lander otherwise displays fine, it is the pressing the button that has a bug).

Since many extensions are not part of the Afternic FT program, for example all .xyz and all other new extensions, and the vast majority of country code extensions, then the problem is for all of these names. For example I use 5/6 for some .xyz and .cc domain names, and none of them have a button that works (the landers otherwise come up fine, 'just' the button problem).

Those who invest only in legacy extensions, and invoke FT once the 60 days are over (assuming at a registrar that supports Afternic FT), will not have much of a problem since the Buy Now button will work for most of their domain names.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Thought it was the "usual" bug of the price that doesn't appear in the landing.

This is way worse, I'll wait until monday then switch all to SEDO landers if the problem persists.

This is a too serious bug for a marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@twiki

You might want to check this out.

•••
I just checked a few of my names that are using 5/6, and the problem persists Sunday morning.

•••
I have similar experience. "A submission error occurred" And as others have said, yes it happens only for non-Ft domains. Why is there delay to sort this out asap.

•••
Must be intentional, they don't want buyers to know the price, but they want to know seller's floor price. Who is they: any marketplace or agent.

•••
Now everything works fine on my end

•••
Back