IT.COM

discuss After LLLL.com, is it time for LLLLL.coms??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Recently, we saw an outburst in the value of LLLL.com domain names.
The domains which used to sell for low $$ to high $$ are now going for low $$$$.

Every single day, we find some sales of LLLL.com and they have appreciated in value like anything!

Are we looking at LLLLL.com rush in the near future after the success of four letter .com domain??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, high traffic rich keyword domains are the future. 4L, 5L or any other pattern will come & go, EMD are ever green!

Reason is simple: EMD, traffic domains directly hit your revenues unlike L domains, which hit your pocket first!

•••
•••
Personally I think that there is a growing market for 5 letter .com domain names. While I doubt that random letter combo LLLLL.com's will be valued anything like random LLLL.com's, I do feel that easily clean/pronounceable/brandable 5L.coms will increase in value as time goes on and hold their own.

•••
Maybe there will be another LLLL.net buyout soon. I'm currently running the scan :)

•••
Random LLLLL's will never hold any premium value, simply because there's too many of them available to be considered in-demand. There are less than half a million LLLL's, but over 11 million LLLLL's.
Think about NNNN and NNNNN. That was a surprise!

•••
Yeah, not helping. There are only 100,000 possible NNNNNs (they're rarer than LLLLs) -- there are 11 MILLION LLLLLs and most are pure crap.

•••
I don't see any difference between a 5L a 6L or a 7L.com. Once you get past 4L the scarcity value isn't there. And I think 4Ls are overpriced now - so a good time to sell.

•••
I also dont find it anything interesting in these domains as a fact the longer they are the more boring they are , but people do like everything what is different these days so might be a potential

•••
Make me understand please!

I registered a premium LLLL dot com 15 years before and Now I forced to sell in $300 to $350

If I calculate registration + renewal price, it will be

$15 X 15 + $12 reg. price = $237

I don't see much earning in this niche really.

•••
Make me understand please!

I registered a premium LLLL dot com 15 years before and Now I forced to sell in $300 to $350

If I calculate registration + renewal price, it will be

$15 X 15 + $12 reg. price = $237

I don't see much earning in this niche really.
Not all LLLL .coms are premiums. The value is based on the letters.

If you really do have a premium LLLL .com, you should be able to sell it for more than $350. What is your domain (if you don't mind sharing)?

•••
Any opinion regarding CVCV.us or NNNN.us or CNNN.net??

•••
I sold a LLLL to a Chinese buyer the other day but prices are still cheap, not many LLLL will fetch 1k+

I still own some good ones with repeating letters, which I will hopefully get a good sum for but I dont see many LLLL for decent prices . LLL are much rarer and sought after.

Chinese are a little nuts for buying so many names for such prices. They are gambling on an uncertain outcome.

•••
I bought 8 NNNNNN.com domains. All are without 0,4 and 5. Out of them 5 have a number repeated atleast 2 times. All of them have max 4 numbers combinations.
Any one of you please tell me it is worthwhile to sell them now or wait for some time. Also please tell me how much i get for each of them (approx)

•••
5L have always been valuable as long as they are pronunceable and brandable but can random 5L domains sell like random 4L domains sell? I very much doubt that!

•••
I bought 8 NNNNNN.com domains. All are without 0,4 and 5. Out of them 5 have a number repeated atleast 2 times. All of them have max 4 numbers combinations.
Any one of you please tell me it is worthwhile to sell them now or wait for some time. Also please tell me how much i get for each of them (approx)
NNNNNN .coms are selling (without those bad numbers), but not for much money. Low $xx to mid xx based on my observation. However, random NNNNNN are still better than random LLLLL. I don't see random LLLLL .coms selling for more than reg price.

•••
NNNNNN .coms are selling (without those bad numbers), but not for much money. Low $xx to mid xx based on my observation. However, random NNNNNN are still better than random LLLLL. I don't see random LLLLL .coms selling for more than reg price.
You mean at least between USD 20 to 30??

•••
•••
Chinese are a little nuts for buying so many names for such prices. They are gambling on an uncertain outcome.

Im a native Chinese
i dont agree with you by saying "Chinese are a little nuts"
only Chinese nuts are nuts, really nuts
but there are 1.4b Chinese here
so the nuts are numbered enough to blow up the number bubble

•••
Im a native Chinese
i dont agree with you by saying "Chinese are a little nuts"
only Chinese nuts are nuts, really nuts
but there are 1.4b Chinese here
so the nuts are numbered enough to blow up the number bubble

Wasn't meant as disrespect. I admire Chinese for putting their money where their mouth is, but I speak from experience when I say that it can backfire. The introduction of new gTLDS poses a threat. Not right now, maybe not in 5 years, but its definitely affecting the market. Some money that was previously spend on acquiring DOT COM names will be spend elsewhere.

I am bullish on DOT COM myself, but anyone who fails to acknowledge that there is a lot of risk going forward is blinded by history.

Secondly, those acronyms mean nothing to me, but I can understand that in China a lot of people are used to entering numbers into their address bar and that they dig short domains, but marketing may change there suddenly, leaving LLL investors in the dust. I don't have any numbers on how many Chinese speak English fluently, but it's fair to assume that one reason why marketing agencies use acronyms and the like because they understand that a generic English word is more difficult to remember in China, but that may change.

Just some thoughts... personally I only hold a few short domain names because I don't believe in their longterm value. It's valuable because its rare not because its useful. Kind of like Bitcoin. Rare and not very sophisticated and will be replaced by superior technology eventually.

•••
I don't believe in random 5L acronyms but hope LL+LLL and LLL+LL will catch around.
Kinda SQLDB, XYZTV etc

For sale on Flippa RexHR, XIOTV, XIOHD, Jet4s

Last edited:
•••
LLLL are now very hard to get for under $100 on eBay .. unlike other places. It seems eBay is currently the best place to sell bad 4L.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back