IT.COM

advice After answering price inquiry, how to back it up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DeeJay23

Established Member
Impact
Hi All,

I've been doing outbound for almost 2 months now. Most responses are, of course, on the negative. But there are about five or six who's asking if how much the price of the domain is.

Now, my question is, after the client asks "how much does it cost?", how do you answer that question that on your experience/s worked? How do you back it up? I usually just answer, "Hi <client>! I'm looking for $<priceHere> for this domain name."

One answered "We can't have a deal right now because <reason here>. But please keep me posted after several months."

About 3 answered "no thanks" and I just answered it like "I understand. Please feel free to message me if you changed your mind or you have any offer in mind."

Then the rest did not respond at all after the price answer.

Thanks,

Deejay

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try reducing the price by a small margin. Depending on the domain name and the industry, the quoted price might be too high!

•••
how do you answer that question that on your experience/s worked? How do you back it up?

Outbound is hard no matter what or how good the name is. In my experience, the sale must be made prior to the price...meaning I present the supporting data prior to them seeing/hearing the price.

You have to create desire before dropping the price hammer.

•••
Include your asking price on your outbound email. This saves all the time wasting in the first place. Take the time to understand each business your approaching and the contact you have identified and word the opening email appropriately.

This approach has always given me the best response rate but, it takes time

•••
Try reducing the price by a small margin. Depending on the domain name and the industry, the quoted price might be too high!
On the names that were asked for a price, I based my pricing on identical sales of similarly worded domain name. Like for example, c y b e r .pro sold for $2357, and my domain name is o / n / l / i / n / e / s / e / c / u / r / i / t / y .pro which I quote for $2000. (I know it's a long name but, it is a similarly worded for cyber security industry.) I did not hear any response from this at all.

•••
Outbound is hard no matter what or how good the name is. In my experience, the sale must be made prior to the price...meaning I present the supporting data prior to them seeing/hearing the price.

You have to create desire before dropping the price hammer.
I believe this is sent after they ask the question "how much"? How long is your message when composing the supporting data? Or can you give an example?

•••
Include your asking price on your outbound email. This saves all the time wasting in the first place. Take the time to understand each business your approaching and the contact you have identified and word the opening email appropriately.

This approach has always given me the best response rate but, it takes time
I'll try this one! I haven't tried including the price on my initial contact yet.

•••
On the names that were asked for a price, I based my pricing on identical sales of similarly worded domain name. Like for example, c y b e r .pro sold for $2357, and my domain name is o / n / l / i / n / e / s / e / c / u / r / i / t / y .pro which I quote for $2000. (I know it's a long name but, it is a similarly worded for cyber security industry.) I did not hear any response from this at all.
Sorry mate, the two names aren't even in the same ballpark. Ignoring the TLD, c y b e r is a single dictionary word, 5 letter that is quite generic for a variety of online brands. Your domain is a two word domain for a specific industry. While your domain is pretty good and has it's own merit, your comparison is flawed. Just my opinion.

•••
How long is your message when composing the supporting data?

As brief as possible:

"Hello, I have a domain, 'x' , and feel it may be a nice fit for your 'x' business/product. (follow with VERY brief reason(s) you think it is a good name for them).

Insert supporting data here: searches, serp, exact match searches, comparable sales, etc.

Close with pricing...'this domain is $ and to make it convenient for you I have included a link below to my secure buy it now page."

Keep your pricing reasonable but at the top of the scale...you must include negotiation flexibility. On a VERY rare occasion they may accept the buy it now price with no further communication...then you treat yourself to a really nice steak dinner (or to some awesome vegetables if you are a vegan).

btw, there are many examples sprinkled around on this site better than what I posted above...use the search feature and devote a couple hours to compile the pitch that suits your personality best.

Last edited:
•••
As brief as possible:

"Hello, I have a domain, 'x' , and feel it may be a nice fit for your 'x' business/product. (follow with VERY brief reason(s) you think it is a good name for them).

Insert supporting data here: searches, serp, exact match searches, comparable sales, etc.

Close with pricing...'this domain is $ and to make it convenient for you I have included a link below to my secure buy it now page.'

Keep your pricing reasonable but at the top of the scale...you must include negotiation flexibility. On a VERY rare occasion they may accept the buy it now price with no further communication...then you treat yourself to a really nice steak dinner (or to some awesome vegetables if you are a vegan).

btw, there are many examples sprinkled around on this site better than what I posted above...use the search feature and devote a couple hours to compile the pitch that suits your personality best.
Thank you so much! I actually started with my own composing doing outbound and did not receive any response. Then I incorporate all the learnings I acquired here in NP and receive replies. I'll dig deeper to other posts relating to my question. I appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts.

•••
My advice would be to make sure your answer is polite and spelt correctly with the correct English grammar. Anything else screams scam. As harsh as that may sound it's true in my experience.

•••
Hi @DeeJay23 -

First...

Let me say CONGRATS!

I say congrats because your outbound efforts are producing "Suspects", individuals who for some reason want to hear more. Terrific!!! That is a positive event and an opening.

Second...

Let me say (and please don't be offended) WRONG APPROACH.

I say "wrong approach" because your Outbound efforts are terrific but your next step "opening" as a sales person should be a dialogue and you should be asking qualifying questions during that 1st interaction.

Sales is NOT a volley ball match, whereby you simply toss knee jerk answers. A quick price toss is a dead end approach. Dead... done... click... (not going anywhere)

To a buyer, your lack of engaging dialogue during the 1st interaction is THE REASON you are getting shut down so quickly.

1) One answered "We can't have a deal right now because <reason here>. But please keep me posted after several months."

TEXTBOOK response by a buyer who has not been engaged or properly qualified as a Prospect.

2) About 3 answered "no thanks" and I just answered it like "I understand. Please feel free to message me if you changed your mind or you have any offer in mind."

TEXTBOOK response by a buyer who has not been engaged or properly qualified as a Prospect.

3) Then the rest did not respond at all after the price answer.

TEXTBOOK response by a buyer who has not been engaged (no surprise here - the "dead silent" response is a dead end start).

Third...

And now something more positive and useful.

Let me now offer a different approach.

Your GOAL... your opening statement... your opening the call with... should be about qualifying the "Suspect" and developing them to a Qualified Prospect.

N.A.T.M. What the hell is NATM?

Need - Find out what their need is. Ask.them if they are buying the name for their company or for their personal use. Start a dialogue for Pete's sake. Find out why they called! Not likely they called to ask about your nephew's upcoming birthday party. THEY CALLED for a business reason. What is the reason? To buy an asset (domain) maybe?

Authority - Find out if they are a decision maker (DM). Too many times we toss out a price (prematurely) and don't even know if we are dealing with a person who is even authorized to spend money. So, find out if they are doing research for a manager, are a manager, or are they a lonely pedophile. If you are not dealing with a DM, find out up front what their role is in the purchasing process will help you steer the deal to closure and save you that last minute "Let me ask my manager....".response.

Time Frame - Find out what their purchasing timeline looks like. How many times have we sat through a presentation, a sales call, and at the end of the call the "buyer" says something like "Oh, I now need to go to the Finance Manger" or says something like "Keep me posted". POSTING FOR WHAT!!!!! FOR WHEN??? FOR HOW LONG?? INFINITY??? If you don't know or at least try to find out their timeline, you will be chasing the sale (like chasing a ghost).

Money - Find out if they have a budget for the purchase and/or if they have signing authority backed by a budget. Man alive! How many times have we thought "wow, they love the name" only to find out they don't have the funds allocated (yet) and need to wait until next year's budget for the project. Or they use the brush off line "Keep me posted".

And fourth...

If the NATM process is foreign to you, then hire an experienced broker if you are dealing with a high value domain. Otherwise, you'll struggle with the sale and will leave money on the table.

All of the (3) responses you mentioned earlier you were getting were perfect examples of not properly using qualify practices during your opening dialogue. They all lead to dead ends.

Your OP question is a TERRIFIC question. You were a superstar with your Outbound efforts, now hone your sales skills (qualify skills) and you will see better results. You simply need to transition from an Outbound marketer to a Direct sales qualifier.

I hope the feedback is helpful...

-Cougar

•••
You simply need to transition from an Outbound marketer to a Direct sales qualifier.
Hi Cougar! I really appreciate you taking time to share this method and sharing your experience. That's what I'm missing after all! The qualifying approach to engage a conversation! It sounds hard but, I believe everything can be learned. Really, thank you so much for this advice!

•••
•••
How do you find out the need if, they do not respond at all or immediately respond with a "No Thanks"?

@anantj

Great question.

You have 2 different scenarios here.

No Response - Not much you can do. If it is a situation where you only tossed out a price and they didn't respond, then it was a no starter situation as you didn't have a dialogue you only tossed a price grenade and scared them off.

No Thanks - It is hard to tell why they said "No Thanks" if didn't have a dialogue with them. But at least they responded and that is either because they are polite -or- maybe a followup a couple weeks later might help you identify their reasoning for their initial "no". NATM - Need, Authority, Time Frame, Money - it was likely one of those reasons, but which?

If you have a low value name, then investing time in qualifying a prospect is costly.

But if you have a higher value name (> $1000) then it is worth your time and if possible try to get them on the phone. One technique for doing so is look at their email address they responded to you with. If it's a company email (versus a freebie one) then do some research on the person and try then try to get them on the phone.

On the phone you can gauge their tone, their response time, the rhythm of the call, etc - it is more personal and your ability to guide / direct the conversation is much stronger. Again, your goal is to ask qualifying questions, not to be a punching bag fielding hits left and right. You need to patiently guide the dialogue, not be guided.

Via email is more of a crap shoot.

I admit, I spent years negotiating software maintenance agreements with 100's of North American companies, so am comfortable having a business conversation. Not everyone is comfortable doing that. If you are new to sales and dealing with a professional purchasing agent, they will eat you alive. They can sense it quickly. It's part of the arena.

No Response or No Thanks is the beginning of the sales process, not the end.

Your goal during prospecting leads is to find Qualified Leads, not to get shut down with a simple Yes/No.

Sales is not a binary process, it is a dialogue.

For example - the conversation we are having is a dialogue, it is not a Yes / No "taking a test" type conversation. Engaging your audience will help improve your ability to focus in on a valuable exchange.

I hope the response was helpful and answered your question.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Here's another example of a Dialogue vs Volley Ball (pissing) match.

This thread is titled "Answering a Price Inquiry" - the following example is a (somewhat unusual) example of how I once converted an aggravated "no" into a sale.

I hope you find the interaction interesting.

Here's it goes...

Situation - A local friend of mine owns < 100 domains and has had them listed on series of individual landing pages she developed. She is a graphics designer and has her own website setup, which is where she housed the landing pages. One day she received a rather terse and somewhat scathing email from this guy saying "I accidentally lost my domain and the name is Trademarked... I'm going to sue you to get it back". She (Sarah) called me in a panic asked what she should do.

First step... THE EMAIL

I asked her to forward the original email to me.

Sarah did so and in the email it indicated the domain name and also the "keyword" that was Trademarked. In the signature included the person's phone number and mailing address.

Second step... THE RESEARCH

Before responding to the individual, we did some research.

- Sarah looked up the person on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc) to get some background info on the person to provide insight on the type of person we were dealing with..

- I spent my time looking up the TERM via a Google search, Archive.org, and via USPTO.gov for the Trademark details.

- Google Search for the TERM (ZEN****) provided us a sampling of what the term had been used for in the past - aroma therapy, vitamin supplements, romance, etc (a variety of uses).

- Archive.org provided us a sense of what the domain (ZEN****.COM) had previously been used for - a health product / vitamin supplement - and also gave us a sense of the timeline of when it was being used (a brief period 3-4 years ago) and no other use showed up.

- USPTO.gov provided us the details for the TERM (ZEN****) and it's Trademark history - heath product / vitamin supplement - but more important it also told us WHO filed the application and the current TM STATUS. (it was filed under a 1B filing - intent to use filing - and had been Abandoned since / now "DEAD" under the Status column)

Third step... THE CALL

Having done our background research, Sarah then called the individual with me on the call with her.

The conversation...

Sarah - "Hi, my name is Sarah ___. I wanted to let you know I received your email. I have on the line with me, my business partner John"

- (Sarah then sat back and let me run with it)

Mr. Email - "Yeah... I own the Trademark on ZEN**** and want my domain back!"

John (me) - "Hi, this is John, Sarah's business partner. Do you mind me asking how long ago did you lose the domain?"

- (of course I already knew the answer - it was 2 years ago - but I wanted him to make the statement)
- (sales is NOT about gathering info, it is about guiding the conversation gingerly towards THE BUYER wanting to buy)
- (also - this 1st question was not about the "2 years" reply - it was about starting the process of me asking questions - and him answering)
- (I was skillfully building my my cage around the situation - placing one foundation stone at a time)
- (basically - I wanted to him to be RESPONDING and me to be PROMPTING him to an action - "asking to buy")

Mr. Email - "Just recently - what does it matter?"

John (me) - "Curious, I noticed the Trademark was filed under the company ZEN**** Health Products LLC. Are you the owner of the company?"

Mr. Email - "I was one of the founders. I bought out the other 3 founders earlier this year."

John (me) - "I read about your company online. It sounds interesting. I noticed there wasn't able to find much info on the company the past 2 years - did you buy them out to restart the company?"

Mr. Email - "Yes."

John (me) - "Congrats! Hey, I'm curious.... I noticed... did you personal file the TM application yourself or did you have an attorney file it for you?"

- (of course I already knew the answer - the USPTO site had that info - but I wanted to let him state it and then patiently lead him to something that he likely wasn't aware of)

Mr. Email - "Our attorney filed it."

- (he said "Our attorney" - as in the original attorney that was being used by the original group of 4 back when they stared the business. NOTICE he didn't say "My attorney")

John (me) - "Were you aware they filed a 1B filing - Intent to Use - and the TM was Abandoned a while back? It's common, when a local attorney files a simple 1B filing and then never gets to the next step of filing a 1A filing - known as a Current Use filing - I'm guessing your other partners never told you about this - Correct?"

Mr. Email - "Crap! You've go to be kidding me! Those basta*ds."

John (me) - "Another insight you might want to consider, they filed it under an incorrect IC Class - for a software company service - and not under a Health Products classification - were you aware of this?"

Mr. Email - "Yeah, we originally wanted to build a website to sell a variety of vitamins. I simply wanted to create products under the ZEN**** brand."

John (me) - "Wow, that makes sense. We were considering to use the domain to develop a STRESS RELIEF site for office workers".

- ("STRESS RELIEF" was the fastest thing that came to mind at that moment - I could have said "Dolphin Breeding Services" - who cares!!!! I needed something totally non-descriptive to the product(s) he was intending to use the site for)

Mr. Email - "That's interesting - not something I had considered - Hey, I just want my domain back - is there a way I can buy it back from you".

- (BINGO!)
- (he asked "to buy" - we were now ready to close the deal with the pricing pitch - 15 minutes into the call)
- (NOTICE: we didn't lead with a price - the pricing was the finale of a conversation)

John (me) - "We've already spent some money and time developing the new site - and also in performing research on the industry sector we were considering - But it's up to Sarah - I am receptive to working with you as you sound like you're trying to re-build the business - and I don't see a reason to be a jerk and try to charge you $5,000 for the domain as I am guessing you need your capital to help regrow the business. I am fine with letting it go for $450 so we can recover our our-pocket-cost. Work for you?"

Mr. Email - "Yes. Thank you for being so understanding. This past year has been a headache while buying out the other partners - thanks for the insight on the Trademark."

John (me) - "Sarah does that work for you?"

- (I whispered to her to pause with silence for 10 seconds)
- (Sarah was grinning with enthusiasm as she then replied softly)

Sarah - "Yeah, I am okay with that".

- (providing the "impression" she somehow "lost" - and I somehow "gave in" and sided with the guy)
- (quite the contrary - Sarah was relieved and excited emotionally)

The conversation started as an intense Volley Ball (pissing) match, but was converted to a dialogue and a sale.

This is the point I was trying illustrate in my earlier (1st) post. That had we simply tossed out a brief email reply with a price... this buyer would have likely responded RATHER VOCALLY with a "No Thanks" with a few trailing 4 letter words.

Instead, we engaged the individual, empathized with his situation, and utilized insight that we had researched to help guide the sale and move the buyer... to ask if he could purchase it.

Notice during the dialogue, I hit every necessary topic - NATM - Need, Authority, Time Frame, Money

Need - the reason he was desperate for the domain, the history, and the supporting business intent he planned to use it for.

Authority - he was now the sole owner of the business and was a DM (Decision Maker)

Time Frame - he was ready to buy... today.

Money - by understanding the dynamic of his situation - and knowing the acquisition likely had drained his savings - the domain had to be priced reasonably and any effort to gouge this guy with a $5,000 price would have been an insult and a dead end. By pricing at $450 we were under the radar screen for "I will check with my attorney" type dynamic. It would have been more costly for him to meet with an attorney, not to mention a mind sucking experience for him given what he's been through with this prior partners. It would be much cheaper for him to grease the skids and get this behind him now.

I hope the above example was useful for others...

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Hi Cougar,

That was a really interesting experience you had! From the "buyer" being on the offensive that looks like he don't want to pay any penny at all to actually buying it! I do not have that kind of talking skills at the moment to lead the conversation and it is still new to me so I'll take my time to learn it.

But to follow-up with my dilemma on the top, on those leads that answered an outright "no", should I still engage them in questions that may lead to what their current needs are? I believe this won't work thru chat nor email, so via call to converse with the lead?

•••
>> But to follow-up with my dilemma on the top, on those leads that answered an outright "no", should I still engage them in questions that may lead to what their current needs are? I believe this won't work thru chat nor email, so via call to converse with the lead?

Hi @DeeJay23 -

From my view... the problem you have now... is the table has already been set and you are now having to chase the situation versus driving it.

A "no" following a premature price toss is a hard situation to recover from.

Send me a PM with full copies of the "No" responses (include timestamps and all details of each email).

I will then look at them and try to assess what strategy (or tactics) you might want to consider.

You are in a situation now where you are grasping for magical bullets, without providing the context of the Prospect's response.

I am glad to help. And will keep the info you PM to me confidential.

Also, any tactics or strategies offered I would suggest we share them with others on this thread (without divulging the specific contact info).

The goal being to use your situation as a real-life scenario and going from there.

Agree?

Walking through your situation (via PM) might be a great opportunity to provide specific actionable events worth considering (and then share those actions with others).

-Cougar

•••
Here's another example of a Dialogue vs Volley Ball (pissing) match.

This thread is titled "Answering a Price Inquiry" - the following example is a (somewhat unusual) example of how I once converted an aggravated "no" into a sale.

I hope you find the interaction interesting.

Here's it goes...

Situation - A local friend of mine owns < 100 domains and has had them listed on series of individual landing pages she developed. She is a graphics designer and has her own website setup, which is where she housed the landing pages. One day she received a rather terse and somewhat scathing email from this guy saying "I accidentally lost my domain and the name is Trademarked... I'm going to sue you to get it back". She (Sarah) called me in a panic asked what she should do.

First step... THE EMAIL

I asked her to forward the original email to me.

Sarah did so and in the email it indicated the domain name and also the "keyword" that was Trademarked. In the signature included the person's phone number and mailing address.

Second step... THE RESEARCH

Before responding to the individual, we did some research.

- Sarah looked up the person on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc) to get some background info on the person to provide insight on the type of person we were dealing with..

- I spent my time looking up the TERM via a Google search, Archive.org, and via USPTO.gov for the Trademark details.

- Google Search for the TERM (ZEN****) provided us a sampling of what the term had been used for in the past - aroma therapy, vitamin supplements, romance, etc (a variety of uses).

- Archive.org provided us a sense of what the domain (ZEN****.COM) had previously been used for - a health product / vitamin supplement - and also gave us a sense of the timeline of when it was being used (a brief period 3-4 years ago) and no other use showed up.

- USPTO.gov provided us the details for the TERM (ZEN****) and it's Trademark history - heath product / vitamin supplement - but more important it also told us WHO filed the application and the current TM STATUS. (it was filed under a 1B filing - intent to use filing - and had been Abandoned since / now "DEAD" under the Status column)

Third step... THE CALL

Having done our background research, Sarah then called the individual with me on the call with her.

The conversation...

Sarah - "Hi, my name is Sarah ___. I wanted to let you know I received your email. I have on the line with me, my business partner John"

- (Sarah then sat back and let me run with it)

Mr. Email - "Yeah... I own the Trademark on ZEN**** and want my domain back!"

John (me) - "Hi, this is John, Sarah's business partner. Do you mind me asking how long ago did you lose the domain?"

- (of course I already knew the answer - it was 2 years ago - but I wanted him to make the statement)
- (sales is NOT about gathering info, it is about guiding the conversation gingerly towards THE BUYER wanting to buy)
- (also - this 1st question was not about the "2 years" reply - it was about starting the process of me asking questions - and him answering)
- (I was skillfully building my my cage around the situation - placing one foundation stone at a time)
- (basically - I wanted to him to be RESPONDING and me to be PROMPTING him to an action - "asking to buy")

Mr. Email - "Just recently - what does it matter?"

John (me) - "Curious, I noticed the Trademark was filed under the company ZEN**** Health Products LLC. Are you the owner of the company?"

Mr. Email - "I was one of the founders. I bought out the other 3 founders earlier this year."

John (me) - "I read about your company online. It sounds interesting. I noticed there wasn't able to find much info on the company the past 2 years - did you buy them out to restart the company?"

Mr. Email - "Yes."

John (me) - "Congrats! Hey, I'm curious.... I noticed... did you personal file the TM application yourself or did you have an attorney file it for you?"

- (of course I already knew the answer - the USPTO site had that info - but I wanted to let him state it and then patiently lead him to something that he likely wasn't aware of)

Mr. Email - "Our attorney filed it."

- (he said "Our attorney" - as in the original attorney that was being used by the original group of 4 back when they stared the business. NOTICE he didn't say "My attorney")

John (me) - "Were you aware they filed a 1B filing - Intent to Use - and the TM was Abandoned a while back? It's common, when a local attorney files a simple 1B filing and then never gets to the next step of filing a 1A filing - known as a Current Use filing - I'm guessing your other partners never told you about this - Correct?"

Mr. Email - "Crap! You've go to be kidding me! Those basta*ds."

John (me) - "Another insight you might want to consider, they filed it under an incorrect IC Class - for a software company service - and not under a Health Products classification - were you aware of this?"

Mr. Email - "Yeah, we originally wanted to build a website to sell a variety of vitamins. I simply wanted to create products under the ZEN**** brand."

John (me) - "Wow, that makes sense. We were considering to use the domain to develop a STRESS RELIEF site for office workers".

- ("STRESS RELIEF" was the fastest thing that came to mind at that moment - I could have said "Dolphin Breeding Services" - who cares!!!! I needed something totally non-descriptive to the product(s) he was intending to use the site for)

Mr. Email - "That's interesting - not something I had considered - Hey, I just want my domain back - is there a way I can buy it back from you".

- (BINGO!)
- (he asked "to buy" - we were now ready to close the deal with the pricing pitch - 15 minutes into the call)
- (NOTICE: we didn't lead with a price - the pricing was the finale of a conversation)

John (me) - "We've already spent some money and time developing the new site - and also in performing research on the industry sector we were considering - But it's up to Sarah - I am receptive to working with you as you sound like you're trying to re-build the business - and I don't see a reason to be a jerk and try to charge you $5,000 for the domain as I am guessing you need your capital to help regrow the business. I am fine with letting it go for $450 so we can recover our our-pocket-cost. Work for you?"

Mr. Email - "Yes. Thank you for being so understanding. This past year has been a headache while buying out the other partners - thanks for the insight on the Trademark."

John (me) - "Sarah does that work for you?"

- (I whispered to her to pause with silence for 10 seconds)
- (Sarah was grinning with enthusiasm as she then replied softly)

Sarah - "Yeah, I am okay with that".

- (providing the "impression" she somehow "lost" - and I somehow "gave in" and sided with the guy)
- (quite the contrary - Sarah was relieved and excited emotionally)

The conversation started as an intense Volley Ball (pissing) match, but was converted to a dialogue and a sale.

This is the point I was trying illustrate in my earlier (1st) post. That had we simply tossed out a brief email reply with a price... this buyer would have likely responded RATHER VOCALLY with a "No Thanks" with a few trailing 4 letter words.

Instead, we engaged the individual, empathized with his situation, and utilized insight that we had researched to help guide the sale and move the buyer... to ask if he could purchase it.

Notice during the dialogue, I hit every necessary topic - NATM - Need, Authority, Time Frame, Money

Need - the reason he was desperate for the domain, the history, and the supporting business intent he planned to use it for.

Authority - he was now the sole owner of the business and was a DM (Decision Maker)

Time Frame - he was ready to buy... today.

Money - by understanding the dynamic of his situation - and knowing the acquisition likely had drained his savings - the domain had to be priced reasonably and any effort to gouge this guy with a $5,000 price would have been an insult and a dead end. By pricing at $450 we were under the radar screen for "I will check with my attorney" type dynamic. It would have been more costly for him to meet with an attorney, not to mention a mind sucking experience for him given what he's been through with this prior partners. It would be much cheaper for him to grease the skids and get this behind him now.

I hope the above example was useful for others...

-Cougar

Sarah is lucky to have a John in her life! ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back