Dynadot

advice Advice Needed (Largest Domain Purchase)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am a hobbyist when it comes to domaining. I acquire domains to use for projects, and others to hold in the hopes a buyer comes along one day. The average price i pay for "good" names is 3 figures, but on a handful of occasions i spent low to mid 4 figures.

A domain is for sale that I cannot get out of my mind. The name is short and catchy and i love it. I don't have a use for it personally, but i have never had a domain like this that just keeps sticking in my mind like this.

If it was .com I would have no doubt about buying it, but it is a .io name.

If i do buy this name, I would be doing so with the understanding that "maybe" there is a buyer out there for it, but really, i am just buying it to hold, full knowing that in my mind I am possibly overpaying.

Have you ever encountered this before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is ideal to buy something with an end user in mind, before taking the plunge. To buy it at the right price, that boils down to experience. If I knew what the domain was, I could share my input if I think its a fair price / has potential ...

The "io" extension is best suited for computer science, tech, start-up related things (typically)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks! I ended up not going through with it. I had some other stuff come up and decided to back burner the idea for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back