NameSilo

advice Planning to buy a LLL.com - Seeking for advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I came into some extra funds and i'm looking to finally pull the trigger to invest in a LLL.com
Got one in my mind and it is for sale. I am already negotiating with the seller.

Now comes my question:
There are A LOT of trademarks all around the world for the three letters.
Can I get in trouble buying the LLL.com ?

Or is it safe to buy a gem like this and not to worry about any trademarks on the exact letters?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A gem like what? I understand you do not want to reveal the domain but this is such a random question.

You can get in trouble with a 10 letter domain, how is anyone here able to provide you the answer you are seeking for?

https://www.trademarkia.com might be worth a try but honestly doubt there are A LOT of trademarks on 3 char domains.

SEO, VOD, GO, HEY and so forth are pretty much not accepted for a trademark request,

•••
Avoid placing PPC ads on the domain name.
DO NOT OUTBOUND or solicit Trademark holders.

*This is my opinion not legal advice, so contact a lawyer for specific questions on UDRP & Trademark law

•••
You may like to start your due diligence at TESS: https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/
IBM is an example of one that's registered and alive.

•••
Just buy from me then you will be safe as my wife did all the researches.

•••
Well its not something like IBM or something. Its not a brand or something, just 3 letters but as you can imagine there are trademarks on almost all 3 letter combinations...

Thanks so far though for the replies. I will do some more research :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi

if price is too good to be true
then it may be.

so....check, check and double check check.

3 letter.com have more risk to me, than some other categories, simply because they are coveted by a large majority of domainers and potential end-users...depending on letters within.

there are some who may try to take your name based on claims of infringement, even when there is none.

and you may have to get legal help, just to protect your interests.

also, depends on if you're buying to resell, like a quick flip or a long term hold
or are you buying to develop.

had my fill of them, so not a biggie thing to have anymore

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
You don't need to worry about a trademark, the end-user does

However, if you're the end-user ...don't engage in anything related to the sector / interests of that trademark

If you buy "ApplePhones.com" ...you're in trouble. If you buy "AppleLawnmowers.com" ....you're not

If "ABC" has a trademark, a company engaged in telecommunications ...and you, owning ABC.com, a company engaged in selling spring water ...I wouldn't sweat it. If you're unsure, talk to a legal professional

Last edited:
•••
Do any of you have a lawyer? bit surprised by the comments here. https://amundsenlaw.com

IF you have the funds for a good 3 char .com you also have enough to get some consulting, the above link I am absolute not affiliate with, just a bit of research.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I came into some extra funds and i'm looking to finally pull the trigger to invest in a LLL.com
Got one in my mind and it is for sale. I am already negotiating with the seller.

Now comes my question:
There are A LOT of trademarks all around the world for the three letters.
Can I get in trouble buying the LLL.com ?

Or is it safe to buy a gem like this and not to worry about any trademarks on the exact letters?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Hey.. Whts your budget to Buy
3L. Com domain Name..

•••
Well its not something like IBM or something. Its not a brand or something, just 3 letters but as you can imagine there are trademarks on almost all 3 letter combinations...

Thanks so far though for the replies. I will do some more research :)

I understand your worry, 3L can mean anything. Like McDonald's, who would have thought the abbreviation was McD.
Or anything else, maybe what you are going to buy is an abbreviation of a company that has a long name but their abbreviation is well known. For example SolarCityHub.com, they have SCH.com just example

You have to be careful. Please check and recheck

•••
  • I have a lot of 2L 3L 4L
  • If you are interested, I will PM

•••
•••
•••
i am interested to know your budget.
Not looking for something too much, and I'm just looking around for a decent deal.

A mix of L/N with a 3 char .com would be cool if the price is right too, the format doesn't really matter, all are worth looking at :)

•••
•••
•••
Not looking for something too much, and I'm just looking around for a decent deal.

A mix of L/N with a 3 char .com would be cool if the price is right too, the format doesn't really matter, all are worth looking at :)

Wow what a refreshing answer.
i dont even like N or mix, but i wish you luck!
Your honesty is awesome, wish you success.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Wow what a refreshing answer.
i dont even like N or mix, but i wish you luck!
Your honesty is awesome, wish you success.

Samer
Haha thanks, I don't really like numbers that much either but I'm on another forum too and someone has a LNL.com for sale saying it has a $5k Bid minimum and I just ignored it and checked back a day or two later and it was sold, and I'm sure he got at least 1-2k for it.

Last edited:
•••
Unless it is obvious TM like IBM, pull the trigger. Don't put up any forsale lander.
Just a coming soon with a vague project not related to any of the trademarks and a contact form.

A domain for sale will also give you a leverage in possible sales later on.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back