Watch
CryptoHype.net
Cryptous.net
Deficits.net
BizTrends.net
HempFinder.net
Wishten.com

This is not an appraisal thread.
I just want to know if YOU WOULD HAVE registered any of this? Specially those of you who are good in Hand Regging.
I was doing an experiment and was adding these to my watchlists to see if they get snagged.
They all got snagged next day. I have no way of knowing if newbies did that or those who are good value pickers.

Just want to know your opinion
Only those of you who have been successful in hand regging and selling hand regs

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm not sure that net is a good extension for cryptos. I don't think I would have even put any of those names on watch.

•••
I'm not sure that net is a good extension for cryptos. I don't think I would have even put any of those names on watch.
Those were free to register. Not like an Auction watch where I wanted to buy. Just to see how many of my shortlists gets hand regged.

•••
Over the past couple of months (Feb-Aug) the crypto projects/markets uses mostly "a glue-domain names" based on ngtlds (rebellion, short-midd-term trend). e.g. redd.love (y)

•••
Over the past couple of months (Feb-Aug) the crypto projects/markets uses mostly "a glue-domain names" based on ngtlds (rebellion, short-midd-term trend). e.g. redd.love (y)
You know I lost a small fortune, don't judge me, and I was greedy, in the 2018 ICO run. I still have millions of worthless Tokens. I wish I had sold domains to the ICO crowd instead of investing in the, rofl..

•••
No I would not have registered these as I only do dot com.

•••
•••
Nope, none of these are worth registering. .NET names are not easy to sell to end-users, its best to avoid them.

If you really want one of these names, just email the .COM owner and see what price they want to sell it for. The biggest mistake new domaienrs make is going for the left-over crap because the .COM is taken. Always try get the .COM first, you don't know if the owners will sell it for $50, $500 or $5000 until you ask.

Dont see any value in Wishten, its not registered in a single extension.

Last edited:
•••
Nope, none of these are worth registering. .NET names are not easy to sell to end-users, its best to avoid them.

If you really want one of these names, just email the .COM owner and see what price they want to sell it for. The biggest mistake new domaienrs make is going for the left-over crap because the .COM is taken. Always try get the .COM first, you don't know if the owners will sell it for $50, $500 or $5000 until you ask.
This is gold.

I was simply doing some experiment.
There is another thread I created.

Somebody is hand regging weird CVCVCV pattern 5 latter and 6 letter names everyday from the drop

madefe
megaju
sotamg
yueboy
panowe
paodam
liwuq
cipoz
rokuv
baiws
xeemy
dooju

I know it is the same guy because he is listing them all as soon as he registers with $280 price tag on SAV

Either it is working or somebody is burning holes in his CC
https://www.namepros.com/threads/5l-and-6l-cvcvcvc-pattern.1207286/

•••
You know I lost a small fortune, don't judge me, and I was greedy, in the 2018 ICO run. I still have millions of worthless Tokens. I wish I had sold domains to the ICO crowd instead of investing in the, rofl..

Sooner or later, most of xgtld based projects will end up being stuck (limited) with that extension and will upgrade/rename to .com e.g. veriico.world (abandoned) > venturepole.com

•••
This is gold.

Somebody is hand regging weird CVCVCV pattern 5 latter and 6 letter names everyday from the drop

madefe
megaju
sotamg
yueboy
panowe
paodam
liwuq
cipoz
rokuv
baiws
xeemy
dooju

I know it is the same guy because he is listing them all as soon as he registers with $280 price tag on SAV

Its just a newbie regging names for $10 and trying to sell them for a profit. This is a common strategy used by people new to the industry. Lets buy a lot of of similar pattern, short names and put them up for sale for low prices so they sell. I'll sell loads of names for a small profit each, it will all add up. The onyl thing thats adds up are the renewal fees.

These are terrible names and wont sell, unless he gets lucky and sells 1. Why would he go and register 6L names when there are so many brandable 5L.com available and you can get decent 4L.com for decent prices. Go back and check those names in 6 months or 12 months time. :happy:

Last edited:
•••
Its just a newbie regging names for $10 and trying to sell them for a profit. This is a common strategy used by people new to the industry. Lets buy a lot of of similar pattern, short names and put them up for sale for low prices so they sell. I'll sell loads of names for a small profit each, it will all add up. The onyl thing thats adds up are the renewal fees.

These are terrible names and wont sell, unless he gets lucky and sells 1. Why would he go and register 6L names when there are so many brandable 5L.com avaiable and you can get decent 4L.com for decent prices. Go back and check those names in 6 months or 12 months time. :happy:
He may have registered more than 100 domains in the last couple days

•••
He may have registered more than 100 domains in the last couple days

Waste of money, they will all end up expiring. I saw a newbie here register 4000 names in the space of the 2.5 months, all crap names.

•••
Waste of money, they will all end up expiring. I saw a newbie here register 4000 names in the space of the 2.5 months, all crap names.
I bought a bulk of my domains back in 2011-12 after I sold out some websites, I didn't know expireddomains.net existed
Else I would have bought in the thousands :ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::-P

All i knew was namejet, snapnames and godaddy auctions

And I only bought LLLLs all worth at least XXXX

And some free to reg .org and net oh well
Developed and sold some.
But Dropped hundreds of them

Back when Phablets became a buzzword, i took all the net and org versions. And I still have them. Will drop this year

•••
Though I'm not an expert, But I would not hand register any of these in that extension or any other extension. May be only cryptous if it was in .com

Last edited:
•••

These are terrible names and wont sell, unless he gets lucky and sells 1. Why would he go and register 6L names when there are so many brandable 5L.com available and you can get decent 4L.com for decent prices. Go back and check those names in 6 months or 12 months time. :happy:
I wonder how many hand regs did you did in the last couple of years and how many of them have you sold? Yes, go back and check them to see how many of them have been dropped...probably over 90% of them, but if he only sells a few of them he will recover his investment and make some nice profit. You are saying that they were not registered in any other extension, but 99% of the domain names sold at SH, BB and others are not registered in any other extension and they still find buyers for them. If you can't see a value in it, that doesn't mean that the value is not there. Nobody is saying that is easy, but you can have higher ROI from a hand reg than from an aftermarket domain, I've sold hand regs for thousands times more than what I've paid for them...try to do that with an aftermarket domain, where the ROI is usually 10-20 times the investment.

•••
I wonder how many hand regs did you did in the last couple of years and how many of them have you sold? Yes, go back and check them to see how many of them have been dropped...probably over 90% of them, but if he only sells a few of them he will recover his investment and make some nice profit. You are saying that they were not registered in any other extension, but 99% of the domain names sold at SH, BB and others are not registered in any other extension and they still find buyers for them. If you can't see a value in it, that doesn't mean that the value is not there. Nobody is saying that is easy, but you can have higher ROI from a hand reg than from an aftermarket domain, I've sold hand regs for thousands times more than what I've paid for them...try to do that with an aftermarket domain, where the ROI is usually 10-20 times the investment.
I don't think he is saying hand regs are bad. Many of the domains sold on SH, BB etc are hand regs.

He is saying that those that I listed above are bad hand regs. Would you Handreg these?

madefe
megaju
sotamg
yueboy
panowe
paodam
liwuq
cipoz
rokuv
baiws
xeemy
dooju

•••
I don't think he is saying hand regs are bad. Many of the domains sold on SH, BB etc are hand regs.

He is saying that those that I listed above are bad hand regs. Would you Handreg these?

madefe
megaju
sotamg
yueboy
panowe
paodam
liwuq
cipoz
rokuv
baiws
xeemy
dooju
I think he is saying that hand regs are bad, he said it a few times before this. The idea with made ups is that you don't know most of the times which one will sell, so it's hard to say. I'm into keywords based hand regs, some of mine from a few days ago: PreApproach, OneExpertise, RetainControl, Prosperpedia, LieAhead, NastyShock, Tehnovative, CoAffair...all .com's I don't do 'net's to much, because it's hard for me to visualize the buyer, they are either into com's, either cctlds either recently into ngtlds, but net, biz, info are between them(but they still sell from time to time, so never know).

•••

Yeah but look at the names we are talking about, he wont sell a few and recoup his money, I can assure you of that, go and check the WHOIS on those names in 12 month time, feel free to come back to me and I will happily apologise if they have sold.

You bring up my hand-regged names I see...yes, I do hand-reg a few names, but not random 6 letter names or ransom .NET names that make no sense or have weak keyword combos. I do sell some but I hold onto the rest and a few end up dropping, probably 2%-5% (no, not 90% :sneaky:) and thats usually after 5-10 years of holding them and the tech didnt quite a go as mainstream as I had hoped, but 99% of my names are in the emerging tech niche so my whole tactic is to wait for the names to mature anyway, a tactic I have doing for years and works prefectly well for me.

You talk about BB and SH names selling (or Godaddy, Afternic, Sedo, Flipps etc) go and see how many names sell compared to how many are listed, its a tiny little fraction and the sales prices are not near what you will get from end-users, most of the sales are just resllers anyway. You say the names that do sell are not registered in any other extension, maybe go and check that as well, you may be surprised.

•••
Yeah but look at the names we are talking about, he wont sell a few and recoup his money, I can assure you of that, go and check the WHOIS on those names in 12 month time, feel free to come back to me and I will happily apologise if they have sold.

You bring up my hand-regged names I see...yes, I do hand-reg a few names, but not random 6 letter names or ransom .NET names that make no sense or have weak keyword combos. I do sell some but I hold onto the rest and a few end up dropping, probably 2%-5% (no, not 90% :sneaky:) and thats usually after 5-10 years of holding them and the tech didnt quite a go as mainstream as I had hoped, but 99% of my names are in the emerging tech niche so my whole tactic is to wait for the names to mature anyway, a tactic I have doing for years and works prefectly well for me.

You talk about BB and SH names selling (or Godaddy, Afternic, Sedo, Flipps etc) go and see how many names sell compared to how many are listed, its a tiny little fraction and the sales prices are not near what you will get from end-users, most of the sales are just resllers anyway. You say the names that do sell are not registered in any other extension, maybe go and check that as well, you may be surprised.
It's your tactic and for sure it's working for you, but that doesn't mean that other tactics, as in doing hand regs and sell them for 100x or more than what you paid for it, doesn't work for others. I'm just checking over 2k domains sold by SH this year, lot's of them are hand regs with no other extensions taken.

•••
I think he is saying that hand regs are bad, he said it a few times before this. The idea with made ups is that you don't know most of the times which one will sell, so it's hard to say.

100%, brandables can sell and sometimes the weirdest names sell but these above will not sell, he might get 1 sale if he gets lucky. If you are going to get brandable names, at least research and learn what makes brandable names good (pronounceable, pass the radio test, short, good letters etc) and get a few good from the aftermarket and not hand-register whats left. They are usually available for a reason, having said that, occassionally you come across a gem that nobody has thought of.

It's your tactic and for sure it's working for you, but that doesn't mean that other tactics, as in doing hand regs and sell them for 100x or more than what you paid for it, doesn't work for others. I'm just checking over 2k domains sold by SH this year, lot's of them are hand regs with no other extensions taken.

My comments are aimed at the OP, thats who I replied to and who I was talking about, those are not good names and the tactics I am talking about are certainy something that would be better for them, rather than keep regging that quality of name, especially in .NET. Have a look at those SH and BB names and how many are .NET names, have a look at the price, have a look whats developed and how many are for sale again??

Last edited:
•••
This is gold.

madefe
megaju
sotamg
yueboy
panowe
paodam
liwuq
cipoz
rokuv
baiws
xeemy
dooju

I am sure that someone is directly affiliated with Sav as such pricing and strategy makes sense only for a registrar.

They are trying to court domain investors while directly undercutting their business model.

•••
I am sure that someone is directly affiliated with Sav as such pricing and strategy makes sense only for a registrar.

They are trying to court domain investors while directly undercutting their business model.
it looks like they searching by pattern

CVCVC
CVVCV
CVVCC

•••

I think that you are right, a couple of the domains sold by me to others domainers, which expired in march, had the same price tag, $280. So probably, Sav has a team specialized in keeping the domains they think that can be sold as premium and not releasing them to the open market. They try something like .co registry, selling dropped premium domians at low xxx, but in this case they are not a registry, but a registrar.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back