Dynadot

question Biggest profit from a hand reg?

NameSilo
Watch

KNL

Established Member
Impact
As a beginner I'm reading a lot from seasoned domainers who are generally of the opinion (presumably from experience) that hand regging lots of domains has lead to lots of wasted money! It made me wonder, what about the beauties where you made a ton from a hand reg? So what s your biggest return on hand reg domain? What was the domain? How long did you hold it and how much did it cost you to hold. Maybe you turned a very quick reasonable profit or maybe you held it for years and eventually the pay off was so good it gave you all your money back and plenty of profit! I'd love to hear a few stories of your biggest hand reg wins

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
As a beginner I'm reading a lot from seasoned domainers who are generally of the opinion (presumably from experience) that hand regging lots of domains has lead to lots of wasted money! It made me wonder, what about the beauties where you made a ton from a hand reg? So what s your biggest return on hand reg domain? What was the domain? How long did you hold it and how much did it cost you to hold. Maybe you turned a very quick reasonable profit or maybe you held it for years and eventually the pay off was so good it gave you all your money back and plenty of profit! I'd love to hear a few stories of your biggest hand reg wins

ALL of my domains have been hand regs. Largest was the recent voice.io sale $25000 clear against about $250 in reg+renewal costs over 5 3/4 years.

Prior to voice.io was WhatAreYouInto.com sale was $5000 in 2006 against a $7.20 reg only 10 months prior in 2005.

Have had hundreds of other hand reg sales.....

•••
Tell us your secret! :)

ALL of my domains have been hand regs. Largest was the recent voice.io sale $25000 clear against about $250 in reg+renewal costs over 5 3/4 years.

Prior to voice.io was WhatAreYouInto.com sale was $5000 in 2006 against a $7.20 reg only 10 months prior in 2005.

Have had hundreds of other hand reg sales.....

•••
Guys with xxx-xxxxx sales. Your domains was parked or with landing pages?
Thanks.

Not parked, just Godaddy premium listed for $21,000. And I considered it one of my weakest "token" domains..No contact or negotiation, just straight purchase. Makes me wonder what they would have paid, but no way I can complain for TokenFaucet.com

•••
My best profit was a 2 word .CO related to managing reputations.
Acquired for $2 and sold 6 or 8 weeks later for $2000.

Sale resulted from a casual conversation at NamesCon.

•••
•••
•••
winecellars.co

cost $7

sold usd$3299 sedo

in 2014

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back