IT.COM

AdSense Alternatives

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice links! :xf.love:

I had no idea about this (iambanned.com) site. Lots of great info.

Thanks.

•••
Thanks Cyberian for the links.

I understand Google needs to protect its revenue stream, but it sure seems like they are starting to behave like M$.

In order to diversify the revenue streams, what are your thoughts are creating 3 websites with "similar" contents (each with different ad feeds)?

•••
sf2010 said:

I understand Google needs to protect its revenue stream, but it sure seems like they are starting to behave like M$.

In order to diversify the revenue streams, what are your thoughts are creating 3 websites with "similar" contents (each with different ad feeds)?
Good Question!
I am in fact thinking about doing just that.

I have a number of Travel related sites under the .biz ext.
They are dying a slow, slow death in the parking world since
they have never had their own real traffic base to draw from.

I plan on setting up each with a different monitizing program.
This will allow me to review the pros and cons of each, as well
as enable me to tweak each to my hearts content.

I'm just now going thru templates in the hope of finding a generic,
modifiable one which will take the content specific to each name
without having to design a full site.

But of course this all gets added to the "things to do" list, which
is already months deep.... so.... it will be awhile before I know
the results.

But we are on the same page here, keep us informed on your
progress, please.

•••
No1 problem with Adsense is their "smart pricing" filter that theyve now let loose and is running wild at the mo, devaluing monetised parked domains .......

Major problem for domainers..

in essence, smartpricing will look at your domain parked at XYZ company, and reduce, reduce, reduce and reduce the high paying ad feeds to your domain.

People keep saying "whats the matter with XYZ parking", "Why have my ABC parking company revenue down"..... This is the answer.

•••
Badger said:
No1 problem with Adsense is their "smart pricing" filter that theyve now let loose and is running wild at the mo, devaluing monetised parked domains .......

Major problem for domainers..

in essence, smartpricing will look at your domain parked at XYZ company, and reduce, reduce, reduce and reduce the high paying ad feeds to your domain.

People keep saying "whats the matter with XYZ parking", "Why have my ABC parking company revenue down"..... This is the answer.
Thanks Badger. If I understand you correctly, lets use ND as an example...
there has been a widely reported drop in ND earnings per click and you are suggesting G's "smart pricing" is downgrading the ads delivered to ND publishers.

Are they distributing the better ads to single user sites?

And in the case of 1plus.net, which isnt really a "parking" service,
how have your publishers been affected by this?

•••
Well, iam extremely well informed that google has upped their MFA site qualification using their (recently improved) smartpricing tool...

Whereas before you could make a single page site, load it with adsense and write or copy some illiterate text and call it content, smartpricing is finding these sites/pages - oddly enough (though obviously if you think about it) because MFA sites generally exhaust the maximum number of adsense banners on the page - and then applying a serious price reducer with a view of lowering the cost to adword advertisers (who, recently have been leaving in droves).

So how does this effect mini sites, parking pages and 1plus

Well, smartpricing is, as its name suggests, smart...

If your parked domain receives good type in traffic then your revenue is likely not too overtly effected. This is because your traffic will be regarded as being "quality"
If your parked domain receives trickle traffic then you will see the same ads as normal though the advertiser will pay a seriously reduced premium for receiving a click from your site.
If you have created an MFA site with some iffy content then not only will any high paying keywords disappear, you will be fed irrelevant $0.01 ads from other MFA sites...

This will become a very discussed subject over the following months... But whichever way you look, for adsense fed monitisation sites, its very bad news.

As far as 1plus goes, we are very concerned and so are working with both google and other feed providers to re-invent our business model - perhaps dropping or only using adsense on our blog skins...

•••
We can look at this from both the pos and neg side.

On the neg side, MFA's are basicly history and now
we will have to start building real sites.

On the pos side, MFA's are basicly history and now
surfers might accually find what they were looking
for.

I know what side you are on Ian, as I have been studyng
(and copying...lol) your models for a couple years now,
and content has always been first and formost with
all your projects.

Thanks for your input, this is just another reason to explore
alternative methods to monetize our domains above and
beyond Google or basic parking.

This is great news for designers btw.

•••
I'm following this thread with interest.... I am of the opinion that I don't want all my eggs in one basket.... but the list of alternatives all look daunting to me as I have only ever used Adsense.... yahoo looks tempting but living in the 51st state in the great white north, that is not an option!

So I for one am looking to you Cyberian to let us know which ones you pick...and why... and I would imagine that a number of us will follow your lead....(ahh the responibility! :) )

Perhaps we have the opportunity here for a little UAT on these programs... it would be great if we could work as a community to sort the wheat from the chaff of adsense alternatives...

I signed up for Bidvertizer a couple of weeks ago... but have not yet taken the leap into putting their ads on a site.... fyi they are offering $20 free in advertizing credits (but you do have to give them your cc number).

•••
uber said:
Perhaps we have the opportunity here for a little UAT on these programs... it would be great if we could work as a community to sort the wheat from the chaff of adsense alternatives...
This is what I am hopeing for, that everyone who has used one or more of these services will respond with an review.
This would be a 2year project for one person, where as together we could get an idea much sooner.

So lets get some input from present users, pro and con.

•••
I have also only used Adsense (besides parking domains of course), and would like to hear from people that are using other services. I would wanted to make several sites with another company, to be on the safe side.

•••
I did not want to waste my best revenue domain to experiment. But I did create two identical domains:

http://googolbase.com and http://weReadWell.com

exact same content
exact same time period
over 6 months

but they did not reach to pagerank 2 at the same rate, so it is hard to say that
it is a fair comparison. But yahoo one gave a little better result.

sf2010 said:

•••
In addition to the alternatives posted above by Cyberian here is list with additional resources.

I know i'm making it even more difficult :laugh:

•••
Damion said:
In addition to the alternatives posted above by Cyberian here is list with additional resources.

I know i'm making it even more difficult :laugh:
No Ed, not more difficult. It's not having choices that makes earning difficult. Another quality post, thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back