Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

Was this thread useful to you and/or did you receive a good response to your request?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    0.0%
  • No

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
There are many acronym/initialism websites out there that give you a complete phrase to work with. Sometimes, they yield no results, leading you to a dead end to figure something out yourself in your native tongue, researching other languages or trying to find #hashtags and their meaning.

NamePros has a couple threads for possible words beginning with certain letters, but putting them in and trying to make sense of them doesn't quite work out as well.

This is where you can get help for your LL-LLLLL names that you want to create an acronym for.

As a reigning champion of Acrophobia (quick and got popular votes), I can see acronyms that most people can't and I've been using that to my advantage selling closeout to $99 aftermarket LLLL.com domain names at a profit, just as quickly as I entered my phrase in the game.

Here is a domain name that I own and quickly made an acronym out of it before I purchased it (for an undisclosed price and it's not for sale): CICJ - Careers in Criminal Justice. AcronymFinder returns 0 results, my brain returned that in mere seconds.

There are many others on this forum who can lend you a helping hand creating an acronym, especially ones with pesky X's and Q's that can be made into Chinese phrases.

I see value in many LLLL.com's that others see as junk and it's worked to my advantage. I wouldn't register or buy an acronym that is 5L though unless it was popular or well known (LMFAO in a recognized TLD).

Guidelines of the thread:
  • Post only one or two LL-LLLLL at a time and wait for responses before requesting others so that all members have an equal chance of getting an acronym/initialism out of theirs.
  • If your post is long or doesn't follow a 2 line guide (one per line), BOLD your letters, numbers & ccTLD
  • If your domain has a number in it, they are allowed as they can help make up words and phrases. For instance: O4A - Only 4 Adults, IH8U - I Hate You/U, FPM8 - Finding a Perfect Mate.
  • If you get no replies to your post, do not post the same letters again for another 7 days after the original reply.
  • Do not quote a letter combination unless asked to (so there is no "permanent" record).
  • Don't submit an acronym to someone that may possibly fall under a trademark (ADFS - Apple Devices For Sale)
  • Subject to change as time goes on.
Some general courtesy/tips, but not necessary to follow:
  • People are providing you free ideas, don't knock them down if they come up with a bad phrase for your acronym as you requested it.
  • If you like what someone came up with, like their/thank their post to show respect. If it's good or bad, this should still be done out of a sign of respect for their time and BPU power (Brain Processing Unit)
  • Should you see a user who gave you an awesome acronym idea seeking help, lend them a helping hand if you can as they could have just made your sale in the future.
  • Post the cc/g/TLD if you want along with your letters and numbers as an acronym that fits your locale so something much better could be made out of it. It can also be a domain hack/acronym that you're unaware of as well.
  • Don't be discouraged if you don't get replies to your posts. Wait it out!
  • If the member requests a reply, please reply to their message with a quote so they are alerted that someone has come up with an acronym to their request.

:xf.smile: Who's up first? :xf.smile:
* If someone has made this thread before, please show me as I was unable to locate one.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back