Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xCaribbeanboy

Established Member
Impact
Thinking about buying some .academy domains but the prices are a little steep do you guys see any value in this gTLD or it's just as useless as the others?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well, if you have to ask, the odds are that the answer is yes :)

Haha, I just got two .academy domains I just want to know if I wasted my money. I've been reading a lot about these gTLDs and I think I've actually choose valuable domains. Should I pm you the names?

•••
Well, it depends if you bought them to use develop them or to resell them. For resale it's going to take a lot of luck I think.
But since there is no established market for new extensions, it's not really possible to appraise their value.

•••
Well, it depends if you bought them to use develop them or to resell them. For resale it's going to take a lot of luck I think.
But since there is no established market for new extensions, it's not really possible to appraise their value.
I agree with what your saying but wouldn't keyword value, brandability and marketability raise the price of some gTLDs?

•••

This gTLD is very niche-oriented, so having a one-word .academy is no guarantee that it will be a premium name. For example, something like bacon.academy (please, please, please, don't register this one -- it's just an example) would not make much sense.

The new "g's" are going to experience an uphill battle as it is, so selecting a non-relevant word is just adding another layer of foolishness.

My advice: spend your money wisely, and, perhaps, wait for a gTLD like .web, which may offer more opportunity because of its more broad appeal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back