Domain Empire

About developing a name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all.I'm looking to develop some names I have but I don't know what is the best way to make money with them.Should I sell advertising(banners)?If yes, how much should I ask weekly,monthly?May I sell links on a site,specialy on adult search sites or is it better to receive commission on sales?Is there others ways to make money with a developed name?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess the *best* thing to do at this time, in weighing the different alternatives ... is to find out how much traffic the domain is currently getting. Track it for a while, check logs, etc. Banners, reciprocal Links or Ads, PPC ("Pay-per-Click") are all options, IMHO.
Good Luck.

•••
if your looking to develop your site develop it and then check your traffic and decide how much per month your traffic is worth to sell banners on it

•••
Yea, obviously you charge more mothly for banners if your site gets a lot of traffic...

•••
Whats the best way of checking traffic? Just a simple counter?

•••
no! Use a statistics programs. AWStats is built into cpanel6.0 I use that. Webalyzer is a free one from www.mrunix.com (i think that was the site). you need advanced tracking of the names. Unique visitors is the important field.

•••
•••
Originally posted by peteboy
Thanks all

You're welcome! :)
Any other relevant links come to mind here folks?
Thanks.

•••
Advertising can bring in BIG bucks if you get lots of traffic.

•••
yes, statistics programs are better than counters... and wha kind of traffic your getting determines the advertising ammounts.... good luck pete

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back