Dynadot

About Brand Bucket

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bowieboiii

Established Member
Impact
Is it possible for one to merely create a portfolio of cool-sounding, catchy names, send it their way, and (if accepted) potentially make good money?

For example, I recently registered Revrz.com, and sent it into them, and am hoping they accept it. And if they do, do they just slap a price on it, give it a groovy logo, and wait for a potential buyer?

Or, is there more to it than all that? Do I need to make a starter-site?

I mean, how likely is it that someone will pay thousands of dollars for something so simple as a random name I came up with? I have lots of other ideas, but, again, that is just an example name I am using for a bit of a trial run.

Anyhow, please excuse my ignorance; if it hasn't been apparent by now, I am indeed quite new to all of this...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not sure that names gets accepted, but other than that, you pretty much nailed how it works. Sit back and grab a ginger ale.

•••
It cannot be simpler than BrandBucket.

You submit a name, they accept it or not.

If accepted, you redirect the domain to a specific link to their marketplace, you pay $10 and they do all the work. You have nothing to do from there.

But I am pretty sure your domain will be rejected. Its not a good domain in my opinion. I doubt a serious business would want to create its brand around that name.

Good luck!

•••
I mean, how likely is it that someone will pay thousands of dollars for something so simple as a random name I came up with?

just look at some of the names posted on NP, that say "BB accepted"

would you pay thousands of dollars for one of them?

imo.....

•••
I appreciate the criticism but I like Revrz, and I'm standing by it! Haha... It might very well suck, though. :P

But I do have plenty more...

What an incredibly simple process. That's all I needed confirmed. Thank you, all.

•••
One more (branch of) question(s), actually...

What might happen if I sell a name while waiting for them to approve/reject it...? Would they just remove it, or would they frown upon my trying to sell it elsewhere, even whilst awaiting their verdict? Of course, if I were to try to sell a name somewhere else, and they ended up approving it, I'd remove it from wherever else it was I was trying to sell it, beforehand.

So, to rephrase that jumbled train-of-thought:

During the waiting time, am I allowed to advertise it on another site?

Last edited:
•••
You have to create a name and send to them, once gets approved you have to pay $10 to get the name listed. And after that you to hope it will sell :)
(Ofcourse, you can market it further for better results)

•••
You have to create a name and send to them, once gets approved you have to pay $10 to get the name listed. And after that you to hope it will sell :)
(Ofcourse, you can market it further for better results)
Thank you! :)

•••
One more (branch of) question(s), actually...

What might happen if I sell a name while waiting for them to approve/reject it...? Would they just remove it, or would they frown upon my trying to sell it elsewhere, even whilst awaiting their verdict? Of course, if I were to try to sell a name somewhere else, and they ended up approving it, I'd remove it from wherever else it was I was trying to sell it, beforehand.

So, to rephrase that jumbled train-of-thought:

During the waiting time, am I allowed to advertise it on another site?

Feel free to sell the domain where you want for as long as you did not submit for publishing. Once its in the publishing process, than you need to give a 30-day notice before the domain is removed from BrandBucket.

You can get your domain approved and let it sit there without submitting for publishing. I have several 4L domains approved that I have no intention of publishing. I was just curious to know what value they were going to put on them.

•••
Feel free to sell the domain where you want for as long as you did not submit for publishing. Once its in the publishing process, than you need to give a 30-day notice before the domain is removed from BrandBucket.

You can get your domain approved and let it sit there without submitting for publishing. I have several 4L domains approved that I have no intention of publishing. I was just curious to know what value they were going to put on them.
That's is a friggin' clever idea! I see now that I am going to have to start using them more often, if only for that process alone.

Thank you so much. That answers all of my questions. :D

•••
•••
That's is a friggin' clever idea! I see now that I am going to have to start using them more often, if only for that process alone.

Good Luck! :xf.smile:

•••

But this technique is more of a temporary situation because you will not be able to submit more domain if you have like 10 or 15 (I can't remember) domains approved but not published. You can't accumulate a list hundreds of approved and continue to submit. You will have to publish at some point or ask BB to delete them from your list.

•••
@Adam27: Dude, that's incredibly helpful! There's even some pretty lousy names in there that sold for quite the pretty penny... But that is just my subjective perspective. Someone obviously liked them... I see it truly is anyone's game, over there.

@namerav: You rock! And back atcha!

•••
There is a step-by-step process:

1. You submit your name (at this point you are still free to market/sell your name yourself).
2. IF they accept your name, they will put their estimated value on it (at this point you are still free to market/sell your name yourself).
3. IF you accept their estimated value, you then need to write a little something about your name, pay the listing fee and change your DNS to brandbucket, or point your domain to them (at this point you have accepted an agreement for them to sell the name for you on your behalf and you are not free to sell the name yourself).
4. They then write a description, create a logo for you and list it on their site.

The process from start to finish takes 2/3 weeks.

I hope this helps. :)

•••
But this technique is more of a temporary situation because you will not be able to submit more domain if you have like 10 or 15 (I can't remember) domains approved but not published. You can't accumulate a list hundreds of approved and continue to submit. You will have to publish at some point or ask BB to delete them from your list.
That makes every amount of sense... I wouldn't abuse their services like that. No way. I fully intend on mostly following through with them, when I can. However, that is good to know.

Last edited:
•••
There is a step-by-step process:

1. You submit your name (at this point you are still free to market/sell your name yourself).
2. IF they accept your name, they will put their estimated value on it (at this point your are still free to market/sell your name yourself).
3. IF you accept their estimated value, you then need to write a little something about your name, pay the listing fee and change your DNS to brandbucket, or point your domain to them (at this point you have accepted an agreement for them to sell the name for you on your behalf and you are not free to sell the name yourself).
4. They then write a description, create a logo for you and list it on their site.

The process from start to finish takes 2/3 weeks.

I hope this helps. :)
It really does. Every little bit helps. I really appreciate you taking the time to list that out for me. Thank you!

•••
•••
•••
•••
just look at some of the names posted on NP, that say "BB accepted"

would you pay thousands of dollars for one of them?

imo.....

I doubt that there is anyone here who would pay thousands for these names, but if I am not mistaken BB have sold about 500 of these names in the last year, so some others will

•••
Is it possible for one to merely create a portfolio of cool-sounding, catchy names, send it their way, and (if accepted) potentially make good money?

Unfortunately there are some who end up with hundreds and more that did not get accepted when they could probably save thousands if BrandBucket would actually take the time to explain why they rejected certain names..
If i knew enough to give advise it would be only reg/buy names that make sense and sound good then submit, if they fail then you have some names that still may sell outside of BB.
I think some people get so carried away with patterns that they lose track of good names..

•••
It's essentially domain name gambling. I love to gamble, so to reg a domain for $8 and potentially make $1500 off of it, I'm "all in"!!!!

•••

That is abusing the system to the detriment of genuine sellers.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back