Dynadot

About 56 outbound views, no offer, no how much

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haykay2005

Top Member
Impact
6 weeks ago I sent an outbound mail to some companies, out of which some have opened more than 20 times without making an offer. A company(biggest in the industry) currently has 56 views from different locations with different devices without making offers too. These are large corporations. Some are having over $1 billion annual revenue. Is this normal? 6 weeks with rising views without a word. Should I follow up or I should just sit and watch. My first mail doesn't include price and I only sent to decision makers (CEOs) Advice please

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
what tracking tool do you use?

•••
•••
6 weeks is nothing in the corporate world, they take longer to decide on paper towels or hand driers. I would sit and watch for a while longer. If you see no action on your email in another couple of months then send out another.

You already know they are looking at your email, one of the worst things you could do right now is to appear desperate.

•••
doesn't include price

If you know what you want for the domain, definitely include the price. Even if they feel it is too high it may lead to a counter offer.

•••
If you know what you want for the domain, definitely include the price. Even if they feel it is too high it may lead to a counter offer.
Are you sure this will not amount to desperation? Sometimes initial response from companies can come with a price they are willing to buy, which could be higher than what you intend to sell

Last edited:
•••
Are you sure this will not amount to desperation?

You can write something like "we have received offers in regards to ... .

While we are considering them and accepting new ones, we also are setting buy it now price for ... at $.... .

Please submit your offer or use the option to purchase the name right away by ___________ ."

•••
Follow up after a week, imo

•••
You can write something like "we have received offers in regards to ... .

While we are considering them and accepting new ones, we also are setting buy it now price for ... at $.... .

Please submit your offer or use the option to purchase the name right away by ___________ ."
I think I like this but I will welcome more suggestions

•••
Are you sure this will not amount to desperation? Sometimes initial response from companies can come with a price they are willing to buy, which could be higher than what you intend to sell

That is why I mentioned if you know what you want for the domain go ahead and post it...once you have determined a price that would make you happy you should include it and not worry about the what if's.

Otherwise, as someone said, say that it is available and you are taking offers or tell them it will be on auction soon if you have that option available.

It is always best to put yourself in their position...in my case I want to see the number right away. If is too high, I tell them so and I make a counter offer...usually stating that is as high as I will go because it usually is. :xf.smile:

•••
unless the domain name is known, then one shouldn't be giving advice

you don't know the quality of the name or even if it's related to the companies who got spammed

maybe that's why OP hasn't gotten any replies?

imo....

•••
its always a good cya move in a company to forward an important email. crm tracking seems cool but it cant tell you the intent behind the action.
Was the email forwarded and viewed on different devices with a note saying "what a joke who would want that name" or one saying "we need to purchase this name lets meet!"

•••
The other thing the OP has not considered it the company may be deciding to pursue legal. It depends on if they think the domain infringes in any way. That would be a reason for the email to be forwarded to several places.

•••
It happens...

NFFqIbI.jpg

I sent a follow up, and then nothing. The follow up was viewed twice.

It was the first time for me that a message opened this much did not result in a sale. Typically if they open it 25 - 30 times you are on your way to a sale.

Everything unfolds differently in this game.

•••
It happens...

NFFqIbI.jpg

I sent a follow up, and then nothing. The follow up was viewed twice.

It was the first time for me that a message opened this much did not result in a sale. Typically if they open it 25 - 30 times you are on your way to a sale.

Everything unfolds differently in this game.
Its alright

•••
one of my email was read for more than 150 times but i didn't get a single reply from them. Large companies take a lot of time to take the decision i guess.

•••
Guys, it is a Glitch in streak... nothing else. That app isn't so accurate as we think. I have has same experience and nothing comes out of it.

And do you know that streak does not report all read emails? I currently have a 4 figure potential sale that hasn't shown "viewed" But the company involved has read and replied me without streak revealing that it was read,

so, it is not accurate as we are told.

•••
I think I like this but I will welcome more suggestions
Don't lie that you have received offers if you have not.
You should follow up, and offer a BIN price that you are comfortable with.
I have had emails sent to CEO'S and VPs and the email got forwarded to different countries etc and opened 200times+ and resulted in no sale. I did followup and they finally replied...
You need to follow up and be persistent!
It doesn't mean you are desperate...that's a misconception!
If they say no, follow up 6 months latter and say you were thinking of them and wanted to revisit the opportunity. I have sold a few domains this way to FEDEX and other big multinational corporations. The process is SLOW, it may take months or even a year.

When I sold B*L*E*N*D*E*R*S dot ME to V*I*T*A*M*I*X corp I am 99.9% the CEO bought it because I was persistent and absolutely no other reason. She got tired of me emailing her...no joke. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Yes Its normal. I mentioned the price $280 in my first email. It was being viewed from 3 different locations at the same time, several times a day. Upon followup they replied "Not interested".

Capture.JPG

•••
Guys, it is a Glitch in streak... nothing else. That app isn't so accurate as we think. I have has same experience and nothing comes out of it.

And do you know that streak does not report all read emails? I currently have a 4 figure potential sale that hasn't shown "viewed" But the company involved has read and replied me without streak revealing that it was read,

so, it is not accurate as we are told.
You might be right. From findings, none of the email trackers is accurate. I have carried out series self check on streak and the result is close to 95% accuracy. Having VIEWS from different locations and devices can't be assumed to be a glitch IMO

•••
Don't lie that you have received offers if you have not.
You should follow up, and offer a BIN price that you are comfortable with.
I have had emails sent to CEO'S and VPs and the email got forwarded to different countries etc and opened 200times+ and resulted in no sale. I did followup and they finally replied...
You need to follow up and be persistent!
It doesn't mean you are desperate...that's a misconception!
If they say no, follow up 6 months latter and say you were thinking of them and wanted to revisit the opportunity. I have sold a few domains this way to FEDEX and other big multinational corporations. The process is SLOW, it may take months or even a year.

When I sold B*L*E*N*D*E*R*S dot ME to V*I*T*A*M*I*X corp I am 99.9% the CEO bought it because I was persistent and absolutely no other reason. She got tired of me emailing her...no joke. ;)
Lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back