Dynadot

question A site with unexpected number of subscribers. What to do with the emails.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
My excuses if this type of question does not belong on this discussion section, but I did not know where to put it.

This is the situation.
I own a personal Website, a kind of online magazine for articles in Spanish. It is a Wordpress site. I do not have any link for subscribers on the site. However, on a very consistent basis, I am getting subscribers on the site up to the point that the list is now 1672 subscribers. Just emails on my Wordpress backend Users section. I am not sure how and from where those subscribers are getting there.

Many of the emails are .ru, .pl and many .com or simply Yahoo, Gmail, etc.

I have three questions
  1. Do you think these are people trying to attack the site?
  2. Do you think it would make any sense to use that list of emails to market any product to them, since, after all they have subscribed to one of my sites?
  3. Do you think those are useless email addresses?
Thanks for reading this and anticipated thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those are likely bots, from gsa ser or some other seo software, attempting to sign up and post links to your site.

You should implement some spam filter add-on for WordPress.

Last edited:
•••
Those are likely bots, from gsa ser or some other seo software, attempting to sign up and post links to your site.

You should implement some spam filter add-on for WordPress.
Thanks. Do you thin thise are valid emails? Real email recipients?

•••
No, they are just spam/throw-away email addressees. Probably generated programmatically... Even of they look somewhat legit-ish...

Last edited:
•••
No, they are just spam/throw-away email addressees. Probably generated programmatically... Even of they look somewhat legit-ish...
Thanks. I'm glad you could decipher my previous question. I was writing from my phone while walking...

•••
Those are not subscribers nut users. Should deactivate the option to register new users if not needed.
Go to wp-admin >> Settings >> General and uncheck the Membership option (the tick box before Anyone can register) If you need new users on the site then leave it checked but do install some anti spam plugins and captcha.
Cheers.

•••
If you wanna experiment, you can try CPA links via email. You might earn few bucks. At least you'll come to know whether they are real or bots.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back