IT.COM

information A short tale on one domain purchase and sale.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Seventy

Established Member
Impact
A couple years ago the domain installed was listed on here for $8000, got in contact and offered the full $8000

We went back and forth for a while, and his first response was:

"Have some interest from some large companies at the moment, but feel free to make me a more competitive offer. Thank you."

From there I again said I would BIN the name as it was listed for $8000.

The reply back was:

“My original BIN price was 25k with some room for movement. The parties that are currently interested are expressing negotiation in the mid 5 figure range.”

To keep this short I ended up offering the following:

“Final offer for this domain from our side is 12500 USD.”

He countered with:

"I will happily do 15000 for you and we have a deal."

And he followed up with: Haven’t heard from you for a couple of days. Any update?

After a few more messages from the seller and him leaving horrible feedback when I ignored the noise, Eric got invited to the chat and the conclusion was as followed:

“After reviewing this conversation I can see that negotiations started, but were never finalized. The seller rejected the $12.5k offer and countered with $15k. They then wanted to accept the $12.5k offer after they already rejected it, which is not a binding agreement, since it was already rejected, releasing the potential buyer from their offer upon rejection.

I have removed the feedback since it was unwarranted.”

One of his messages stood out before Eric got involved which was, One of my family members was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and I am wanting to book a vacation break for the family. I wanted to get a quick sale for the domain for this reason, but I didn’t want to sound desperate or guilt trip anybody on here into making a deal, as I don’t feel that would be ethical at all.

I felt that you were wasting my time, and with everything happening in my life at the moment that probably didn’t help me in the way that I approached this. I apologise.

While this was one of the most unprofessional dealings, and believe I got laughed at on some topic on here (Long time ago).

I went a head and still purchased the name for USD 12.5k whether his story was true or not.

Too forgiving, helping a fellow human or me just being stupid but this tale ended with selling the domain for $28000 minus broker fees. (Big credits to Grit Brokerage) Ended up making me around $11000 in profits.

END. KARMA AND A POSSIBLE GOOD DEED DONE.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forgiving him made you gain $11,000. It's always good to forgive people. Congrats on your sale.

•••
•••
Congrats on the sale.

True words. If you help someone, Karma will pay back you more. Karma is very powerful. (y)

Last edited:
•••
You are a nice person. Well done on your domain sale and gain! :)

•••
@Welberch and the point of you negative comment is?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back