NameSilo

A Question...

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BlackDiamond

Established Member
Impact
3
I have a site hosted under a directory on a domain name. (example.com/dir). Let's suppose that I then map a domain name (example2.com) to that directory, from the actual host's end. In other words, I define the domain name to the same directory hosting-wise rather than merely redirecting to that domain name with a CNAME record or masked forwarding.

Will I get hit with a duplicate content penalty in search engines?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back