IT.COM

discuss A Personal name domain name with 825+ Linkedin profiles in that name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have purchased a .org domain (11 years old - never dropped) (First + Last name in org)

I just googled and found 825+ professionals in that exact name at Linkedin profile.

Actors, politicians, schools, lawyers, chef, studio, restaurants , Engineers, writer, directors, researchers in this name.

I think there won't be a TM issue.

Any ideas how to proceed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it was a .Com it could have some resale value, but there are going to be endless similar combinations available in .Org.

Brad

•••
If it was a .Com it could have some resale value, but there are going to be endless similar combinations available in .Org.

Brad
Thanks for the suggestion.

It is exact FirstLast.org (FirstName+LastName)

However there are chances for other variations

•••
825 people with the same exact name seems like a good number of potential customers. Maybe try some outbound marketing to these people and see if anyone is interested.

Just curious, what kind of asking price would you put on a name like this?

•••
825 people with the same exact name seems like a good number of potential customers. Maybe try some outbound marketing to these people and see if anyone is interested.

Just curious, what kind of asking price would you put on a name like this?
I would price $500

•••
$500 sounds about right for a personal name.

Put up a lander on it with an easy buy-it-now price, and do some outbound to some of those 825 people directing them to the domain.

•••
Are you onLinkedIn? If so....

A nice simple LinkedIn message with a link to your sales lander should do the trick...

You have got a 1 in 825 chance, which is good odds....

•••
Just thought - Even a connection request with the info should do the job as you have 140 characters to play with

•••
Are you onLinkedIn? If so....

A nice simple LinkedIn message with a link to your sales lander should do the trick...

You have got a 1 in 825 chance, which is good odds....

Thank you.

Yes.

Thats what I have done. ( Connection request with note )

Will wait for a day or two.

(Made DAN lander with BIN $ 500 )

•••
I think you will struggle to sell a .org name to an individual. Its worth a try though.

•••
I believe the .com is taken then ? I think .org names do have their own value still, and with the number of people you mentioned, coupled with the price you put up, i believe a sale might happen. Keep the community updated with the progress then.

•••
•••
I have my common first name in .me and I only paid xx

Very hard to sell name domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back