IT.COM

A lowly 3 letter .com !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello All,

I guess I have a somewhat hypothetical appraisal question. What would a pure 3 letter .com comprised of the lesser letters be worth in your opinion? (For example, say the domain is xqz.com, a name I neither own or have any interest in or affiliation with by the way).

Generally speaking, what would be the value in today's market in your opinion?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply posts!

Thank you,
Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
even ugly ones will bring you between $500-1000 around there.

•••
[as this is not owned by thread starter, moved to Domain Discussions]

Yes, current price for 'ugly' 3-letter .com at the wholesale level is about mid to high $XXX.

•••
mid $xxx sounds about right -- people love their three-letter .coms!

•••
what about if it has a number in it?

I just put one on sedo and it's getting like 30-40 type ins a day. I have no idea why people are typing it in.

Does a number make it less valueable?

•••
you mean 3 char? $10-$20.

•••
you mean 3 char? $10-$20

Thanks! I figured the number hurt it some.

•••
I appreciate the insights!

Thank you to all who have replied thus far. The reason for my asking is in an attempt to guage the minimum value of even the least of the pure 3 letter .com domain names.
I've noticed a steady rise in values of almost all the three letter extensions, but especially in .com and your help gives me some perspective on this.

I do welcome other's thoughts on this.
In my opinion, I see a base number right now for these domains (a minimum value if you will) of about $650, but I also don't think it will be long before that number is closer to $1000. What do you think?

Thanks and I look forward to your thoughts!

Thank you,
Andrew

•••
as there are limited 3char...I am sure it will GO UP!!

•••
I'd have to say 3-character .coms typically are worth more than was previously mentioned -- at least $30 at this point.

•••
3 character dot coms depend entirely on what characters are in them - don't think they are all worth only $30 - I sold one a few weeks ago (Letter number number) for $900. Admittedly the numbers were both the same!

DavidH

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back