Dynadot

.us A good .US Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
piercing.us

3000 Euros ($3,728)

IMO, not bad at all for a term thats not particularly that strong.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It was a nice sale indeed, wish I could make one like that.

•••
pretty good sale for the owner, I wouldn't pay that much for it....

•••
Very good sale but at a pretty bad price.

•••
Wow, that's steep -- someone must have needed that domain.

•••
Seems at first blush like a good "sale", IMHO ... I (still) wonder if those "Recent Sales" (on the home page at Sedo) ALL come to successful completion and domain transfer (versus some automated inclusion (into the "Recent Sales") if simply an offer has been placed, and so forth)? :gl: :|

I've attempted to get a clear answer and clarification to this here in this same "Domain Discussions" space in the past, but as yet to no avail.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Seems a bid high for that ext.

•••
Jeff said:
Seems at first blush like a good "sale", IMHO ... I (still) wonder if those "Recent Sales" (on the home page at Sedo) ALL come to successful completion and domain transfer (versus some automated inclusion (into the "Recent Sales") if simply an offer has been placed, and so forth)? :gl: :|
Seems like the buyer is not even US based and has some international plans (look at the left upper corner) for his business...already re-directing the name to his german site: http://piercing.us/

•••
Binfus said:
Seems like the buyer is not even US based and has some international plans (look at the left upper corner) for his business...already re-directing the name to his german site: http://piercing.us/

Do you think this "sale" actually transacted fully ... and $3,728 exchanged hands (plus any additional Sedo fees, etc.), IYHO? :gl: :talk:
Thanks for the input.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Binfus said:
Seems like the buyer is not even US based and has some international plans (look at the left upper corner) for his business...already re-directing the name to his german site

Wow, I hope he didn't buy the site for its traffic potential b/c most .us domains don't get much type-in traffic at this point.

•••
rocketfly said:
I hope he didn't buy the site for its traffic potential b/c most .us domains don't get much type-in traffic at this point.

There is more to domain life than just two scrambled type-ins every morning.

•••
Thats not half bad. I wouldn't think that a domain like that would sell for that much.

•••
Glad to see a .us ext name go for that price - especially given the word itself. While it's not a bad domain, there is better IMHO. Thanks for pointing this one out.

•••
The price does not surprise me; for a good single word .US domain.

The particular word "piercing" surprised me a bit at first glance, but after searching (164,015 OVT - 11 Mil+ Google) and thinking about how many young people are piercing their bodies like a pin cushion these days, and the buyer is a developer with plans - it doesn't seem so strange after a further look.

A few K for a name targetting a specific niche spot-on, and real development plans behind it.

GO .US :kickass:

•••
It's kinda like those domain sales on Afternic. I always think who'd pay that much for that domain. But I guess there are people who do.

•••
very nice sale indeed. Great domain, and a great price! The .us domain market is definately picking up the pace, slooooooowly :)

•••
spikedo said:
I always think who'd pay that much for that domain. But I guess there are people who do.
The gap in the thinking of a domainer and an end-user is probably as wide as that of Bill Mahr and Jerry Falwell !!

•••
If name is a single dictionary word, its worth some money no matter extension

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back