IT.COM

poll A daily domain drops newsletter. Would you subscribe?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A daily dropping domains newsletter. Would you subscribe?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    36.0%
  • No

votes
    64.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Here is the concept.

The essential purpose of the newsletter will be to give you access to a list of daily domain drops that you will be able to download as a PDF file.

Only .COM domains that will delete that day. No pre-release names.

A list of 25 names + A BONUS: A list of 4L (if there are any) and numeric names dropping every day.

You receive an email every night, around 10:00 pm US Eastern Time for the names that will drop the following day. This makes it convenient for both US subscribers and those who live in other countries.

NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION
You download the list if and when you want for only $2.99 per day. Again, you do not have to download it if you don't need it that day.

FIVE DAYS OF FREE DOWNLOAD
From Monday, April 25, 2016 to Friday, April 29, 2016, the daily lists will be FREE for those who have subscribed. You will pay nothing, so you can determine if it is worth buying it after that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The best would be to start posting lists right now, watch for a while and see what kind of response you get, including which domains get registered silently. Then you'll see if this project is worth pursuing.

•••
Time is money so a tool to identify quality drops could have value. However, if that same info is provided to fifty different individuals then the value is diminished because a competitive bidding situation would result. Perhaps each subscriber could be provided a different list but depending on the number of quality drops in a typical day and the number of subscribers maybe the list would only go out one to three times a week.

•••
Just don't understand people buying these types of lists.

One of the things that separates man from (most) animals is the ability to use tools.

ExpiredDomains.net - FREE
Freshdrop - $25 a month

So for $25 a month, you get everything and you should be learning how to use these tools, it's not complicated. But instead pay more, for less and get the same names everybody else is getting? Where's the logic in that?

•••

One of the things that separates man from (most) animals is the ability to use tools.

Freshdrop - $25 a month

So for $25 a month, you get everything and you should be learning how to use these tools, it's not complicated. But instead pay more, for less and get the same names everybody else is getting? Where's the logic in that?

I see your point @JB Lions . However, it is not a matter of people not knowing how to use the tools, but saving time.

For years, I have been well paid for conducting online research for people who do know how to use a computer and type, but do not have the time for it or prefer to spend their time on other tasks.

One hour of work is, for most people, worth more than $2.99 and identifying a good number of valuable domain names usually takes longer than one hour.

As stated, people who subscribe (See my signature) can get the list for free for five days, starting Monday, and figure out if it is worth it.

Thanks

•••
So are these really the people you should be targeting with a pricing structure of about $750 a year? :)

:xf.smile:

The pricing structure is not $750 per year. No one will buy the list every single day. This type of service might work even if people use the tools themselves, but find that on certain days they did not have the time to do their own search, they know there is a list available to acquire.

•••
It wouldn't benefit myself as i have more time than money but i can see the appeal for people that are time crunched and always beaten to the good names. It would also be great for new people in the industry to train the eye better with these list. Good luck!
FIVE DAYS OF FREE DOWNLOAD

From Monday, April 25, 2016 to Friday, April 29, 2016, the daily lists will be FREE for those who have subscribed. You will pay nothing, so you can determine if it is worth buying it after that.

Subscribing is FREE. You will only pay per list if you decide to buy it starting the week after the your free period. All you need to do to receive the link is enter your email. See my signature.

•••
I see your point @JB Lions . However, it is not a matter of people not knowing how to use the tools, but saving time.

For years, I have been well paid for conducting online research for people who do know how to use a computer and type, but do not have the time for it or prefer to spend their time on other tasks.

One hour of work is, for most people, worth more than $2.99 and identifying a good number of valuable domain names usually takes longer than one hour.

As stated, people who subscribe (See my signature) can get the list for free for five days, starting Monday, and figure out if it is worth it.

Thanks

It doesn't take an hour to go thru deleting names using those tools. So it is a matter of knowing how to use those tools correctly to save time. Using different parameters, you can get the good ones pretty quick. If you're trying to get the overlooked ones, then you would just be emailing the same domains to many different people. So not so overlooked anymore. Then I'm wondering, why not just keep them for yourself?

But if there is a market for it, tap it.

•••
•••
UPDATE

And now, some Great News! - The list will be cheaper and weekly...

Given that the number of subscribers has been higher than what we expected, and based on the feedback we have received from you, the list will be cheaper than what we had announced. In addition, we will send it to you once a week.

On Sunday night or Monday morning, you will receive the list containing the next four or five days of drops. The price will be only $2.99 per list. That is right, four or five days of drops for just 2.99, so your cost will be only $2.99 per week when you purchase it.

Since the list will cover weekdays only, we will also send you FREE weekend lists as bonus once in a while. This will start this coming Sunday.

SUBSCRIBE ON MY SIGNATURE BELOW...

•••
$3 for a list of 25 dropping names?

Sounds a bit silly to me. With just 10 subscibers, even if the names were "out of normal profile" you'd have 10 competitive bidders. Are you just reselling Shane's list ? :)

•••
$3 for a list of 25 dropping names?

Sounds a bit silly to me. With just 10 subscibers, even if the names were "out of normal profile" you'd have 10 competitive bidders. Are you just reselling Shane's list ? :)

As explained, it will contain more than 25. It is at least 25 keyword and brandables. plus other short names and numeric.

Nothing related to Shane's list. The newsletter will not include auctions on platforms that are not pending delete. In addition, his list apparently will not contain numeric and chips. Something totally different.

Thanks

•••
Given what quite often happens with expiring domain auctions particularly at Namejet, perhaps a list of quality aftermarket domain bargains with low BIN prices might be of interest to some.

•••
Time is money so a tool to identify quality drops .

Define "quality" - that's the number one criteria. It's already simple to find a number of lists based on various critiera...these lists would have to be "special" quality to have any value and yes, it quickly diminishes with # of subscribers. Also, if quality was defined then it would be easy to create your own list.

I prefer people that provide and create automation tools as they offer way better value.

•••

You're saving time but you're also adding automatic and guaranteed competition.

I know where there is $500 worth of gold waiting for someone to just pick it up.
If 50 people pay me $20 I'll tell them precisely where it is.

Last edited:
•••
The matter is that if people do the research on their own or if I do it for them, the competition is the same for some of the names.

But, my newsletter will make sure they do not miss the most relevant names and, at the same time pay attention to names that were probably hard to find, without much effort on their part. Does that create competition? Would the possible competition prevent them from getting good names? Not necessarily.

One of the reasons why it is still possible to catch decent names, even by hand-registrations, as I have done many times, is that resources (both time and money) are always limited. People cannot buy, bid or register all the names available.

If 50 people subscribe to the list, not all those 50 people will be able to acquire, bid or even register all the names listed, because their resources are limited.

•••
But, my newsletter will make sure they do not miss the most relevant names and, at the same time pay attention to names that were probably hard to find, without much effort on their part. Does that create competition? Would the possible competition prevent them from getting good names? Not necessarily.
What would make them be considered "relevant". Are searches customized to niches for people - i.e. I love VR names, etc. If not are they just "names I think I could resell" in which case wouldn't you just register/backorder them yourself?

Now I'm making it sound like the other thread :(

If 50 people subscribe to the list, not all those 50 people will be able to acquire, bid or even register all the names listed, because their resources are limited.
So are these really the people you should be targeting with a pricing structure of about $750 a year? :)

Good luck though. As you say time is money but then my parents taught me that Money is also money which is why I didn't get paid for chores.

•••

Freshdrop - $25 a month

Thanks. What tools does freshdrop add over expireddomains?

•••
It wouldn't benefit myself as i have more time than money but i can see the appeal for people that are time crunched and always beaten to the good names. It would also be great for new people in the industry to train the eye better with these list. Good luck!

•••
Thanks to all of you who have subscribed. If you haven't done so, make sure you click the confirmation email you received. Otherwise you will not be able to receive the list, since confirmation is pending.

•••
Although the list is officially starting on Monday, here is a gift to all subscribers. In about one hour from this post, all those who have subscribed will receive a link to the FIRST FREE LIST for tomorrow, Friday, April 22, 2016.

•••
Attention

The first list went out yesterday as a bonus gift to those who have already subscribe. If you want you FREE LIST of names dropping today, Friday, April 22, 2016, subscribe and the link will be sent to you before the drop time.

•••
Another bonus:

Saturday's list will go out to all subscribers in about 30 minutes from this post. SUBSCRIBE now so you can get it for FREE too. SEE MY SIGNATURE.

•••
Here are some of the names in today's list. Subscribe to receive today's list. NO COMMITMENT. Just your email and first name.

LittleVilla.com

PerfectFamilyVacation.com

vmsm.com

iedn.com

And many more. See my signature...

•••
Subscribed and looked through 2 lists. So far I don't see any value in those lists. I can find better keyword names myself. As to the llll's and numerics.. well, it takes a few minutes to set up Namejet (or any other dropcatcher) filters to get a list. IMO

I won't pay. Maybe it works for someone else, though. Anyway, good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back