IT.COM

domain A coupe tough ones to appraise: Fix.plumbing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I have a couple tough ones to appraise here. Let me know whatever your best guess might be.

fix.plumbing
civil.services

Could really use some input.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

These new extensions are not yet very popular nor valuable.

fix.plumbing - Semrush reports only 50 US monthly searches for these two terms. I would say reg fee.
civil.services - May be hard to develop this one in a commercial and profitable way. I would say low $xx.

Best of luck!

•••
I was thinking about optimizing a site on each, with google ads. Google ads are $9 a click for that search, "Fix Plumbing". I noticed the crazy low monthly searches for that phrase as well, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Clearly a lot more than 50 people search "fix plumbing" in the U.S. each month. 50 sounds really strange with that. Heck, the average woman searching online will type that in 50 times on their own. Civil.Services is an interesting one. Estibot has it at 15k, although I know that doesn't mean much, but I believe they value it like that because of the extremely high search matches. Exact matches are at 22,000 each month, with 1.5 mill broad matches. That is extremely high. Since there are no paid ads for that search whatsoever, again might optimize a site with google ads, and be the only one of its kind.

The million dollar question in all of this, is how receptive the search engines are with websites using these new domain extensions for search engine rankings and placements, such as for google ads. Now, if they're stronger than .com then it's a home run. If they're as bad as .us or biz, it's a complete bust. I will let you know.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back