IT.COM

domain A better way to get appraisals? - PeerIdeas.com

NameSilo
Watch

J4wd

PeerIdeas.comEstablished Member
Impact
TL;DR A new website for free community-driven domain appraisals: PeerIdeas.com

I love the informal valuation polls posted here and on Reddit but it’s clear that there needs to be some structure and quality control to it. I decided to build a website around the idea. If people like it, I can see it being used for learning how to value domains, and perhaps as a historical record to look back on if a domain is sold. It might even help drive up the sale price if people can see what a range of domainers think.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think: PeerIdeas.com

Why publish?
  • See what other domainers think your domain is worth
  • Use your valuation results to push for a higher sales price (or to know when to drop)
  • It’s anonymous if you want it to be
  • Because bots don’t have all the answers
  • Generate sales leads (phase 2)
Why vote?
  • Help your community
  • See how your vote compares to other domainers
  • Learn what other domainers value in domain names
  • An inside channel to discover unique names that may be available to buy or barter (phase 2)
The service is free, but we do have a quality system in place to ensure that it remains relevant and fun for everyone including seasoned pros. You get to submit 1 listing for every 10 votes you make, which I hope will be incentive enough to participate.
—-

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update: I’ve had some great responses through one-on-one discussions. A few people have posted polls and started sharing their views on the website too.

I hope you can join in: https://PeerIdeas.com

•••
That's a really awesome tool also to see how your own domain valuations match up to others. It's actually quite addictive to click through the polls :D

•••
That's a really awesome tool also to see how your own domain valuations match up to others. It's actually quite addictive to click through the polls :D
Thanks Peter, I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

•••
A further update on stats since launch:
  • Over 480 domain polls have been posted by members
  • Over 12,000 votes have been cast
  • Some early polls have received between 50 and 60 votes each
Way beyond my expectations. Thanks so much to the domainer community.

•••
A further update on stats since launch:
  • Over 480 domain polls have been posted by members
  • Over 12,000 votes have been cast
  • Some early polls have received between 50 and 60 votes each
Way beyond my expectations. Thanks so much to the domainer community.
Hi , i have a query , recently added polls on your homepage will only show your own domains ? or domains of all your users ?

•••
Hi , i have a query , recently added polls on your homepage will only show your own domains ? or domains of all your users ?
Great question!

The home page shows all public domain polls. When you submit a domain, you can choose whether to make it public (allowing Google to index), or keep it private which means it can only be seen by other members.

•••
Great question!

The home page shows all public domain polls. When you submit a domain, you can choose whether to make it public (allowing Google to index), or keep it private which means it can only be seen by other members.
Thanks . Your Platform is Great and Useful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back